Federal Whistleblower Investigator Fired After Blowing the Whistle on His Own Agency

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by ScooterBrandon, Oct 15, 2015.

1. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

2. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

Well, situations like these, are why whistleblower support groups exist. There are many reasons why people blow the whistle, and a lot of them are justified. Retalitory actions by employers are not appreciated. It is one of the things that people need to understand when they are working with an agency. They are usually all about protecting their back and the bottomline.

3. L_B

L_B Well-Known Member

He was just doing his job as a Whistleblower! They trained him well...maybe too well! lol

4. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

Hmmm, this is cause for his organization to get into big trouble. Apparently they have not heard of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. That is all I have to say on that one!

5. nissi

nissi Well-Known Member

Well that's not surprising one bit. Anything at the federal level is corrupt. I'm glad he exposed them for their corrupt ways and hope more people wake up and won't be afraid to speak out.

6. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

The irony is that all government bodies need to be accountable and that they do cover up things. All companies do as well. If you are going to whistleblow, figure out what to do first and prepare. He knew he would lose his job and should have made a deal or found some way to protect himself.

I have been a whistleblower, but I did it anonymously as I was under a confidentiality clause, but as it had to do with the nation's security I felt I had no choice. They did reply back thanking me and said they would investigate further.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I guess a story like this just shows that for a person to do that kind of job in the first place, then they will always be that way inclined and they won't be bothered what department they blow the whistle on, and that includes their own.

You would have thought that they could have put something in his contract that stopped him from acting against who he was working for?