Feel Good Stock

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by Gavin, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

Ever find a company that is working on something to help the over all good of the world and you invest not only to make a little scratch but you want to support them in doing this.

PLUG or Plug Power Inc, did that for me. While they are @ 3.26/share currently, I tend to find that most research on them have them heading towards 6 - 9 in the long term. Meanwhile they do a lot of work on fuel cell optimization, and have some other proprietary products that make them a viable option for larger businesses to use.

What's some companies that you like that are trying to make the world a better place?

2. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Just to be clear, you owning a stock really does nothing to support the company. You making that buy transaction, in theory, drives the share price higher but unless we are talking huge amounts then it won't make any real difference. Unless you invest in an IPO or when a company issues more shares the money goes to the investor who previously held the shares, not to the company.

That being said, yes I do have these feel good stocks. It's not really about them making the world a better place (though some do) but it's more about the pleasure of owning a company with amazing products.

3. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I've owned PLUG off and on, but I think its supplier BLDP is a little better investment if you were going to pick one in this category.

4. StockIdeas

StockIdeas Guest

Plug better hold this 2.63 triple support area

Attached Files:

5. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Now I can say that I definitely have a feel good stock, one to do with Solar Energy. I think this is the #1 way to get electricity in the future so I feel happy to be part of the whole deal. And assuming my predictions are correct then some solar companies will be amazing investments, hopefully mine falls into that category.