Feeling down

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Rosyrain, Jan 20, 2015.

1. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Feeling down and blue is a pretty common thing that happens in the winter. If you feel this way into the spring you should probably see a doctor. Otherwise I'd just chalk this up as seasonal blues.

2. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Are you the sort of person who soaks in the emotions of others? If so, that would explain why you'd suddenly feel depressed even though there's no reason why you should feel depressed.
    I normally prefer exercising. Once I hit the gym, I banish all negative thoughts. By the time I'm heading home, I'll be feeling much, much better.

3. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

I think I might have been feeding off everyone else's bad mood for a while. My fiance was extremely down in the dumps and did not want to talk much at all, which was worried me an putting me in a bad mood. His mood has improved this last week and I am starting to feel a little more cheerful. Cabin fever probably has had something to do with it to because it has been too cold to go out and do anything fun.

4. owesem75

owesem75 Well-Known Member

You can also try to visit your doctor. You must have some nutrients imbalance in your system. You must be feeling thirsty as well... feeling gloomy at some point and.. always thirsty could be a sign of Diabetes. I am not a doctor but I live with relatives suffering from diabetes.. nothing wrong to check.

5. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Yep, more often than not some depressions might be caused by lack of nutrients and vitamins and what we eat these days really doesn't help in that particular.

6. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

Well I sometimes wake up and feel like I do not want to go outside. There are just those days when you feel like garbage and other times when you do not feel that way. It is something you just get up and deal with or you do not.

7. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

I usually feel quite down and I feel I can make it better if I lived in a better way. I try to do things that make me happy but usually they turn out in a different manner.

8. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

Happiness is a struggle in this world my friend. I too feel down and I already know why I feel that way. You can only do what you can when you have the resources at hand.

9. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member

I experienced that everyday, you know as a student everything makes you sad. But to make me happy is to eat, play games or watch some anime, movies or TV show.