Ferguson, MO, one year later

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by baudwalk, Aug 11, 2015.

1. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

Well, here we go again in Ferguson and adjacent areas. On the anniversary of the thief and bully of Michael Brown's death, tonight protesters are celebrating with gunfire, blocking I-70 during rush hour and looting. Business owners are pleading for help. A state of emergency has been declared, and polive are making arrests. This time people need to go to jail and make license plates. No questions asked. Book 'em. Jail 'em. No bail. Enough crap. Obama and Holder fixed everything last year, good job, eh? Careers of police were ruined. Absolutely amazing. Why are the morans are celebrating the life of a thief and bully? Brown was no MLK. I wonder what the community organizers in Washington will do this time. Maybe we can send Sharpton in as a peace envoy. Can't make it up. Pfft. Color me disgusted.

In 1967 I was teaching (on the east coast), my first job, when the functional illiterates from the city high school marched past my building to downtown to burn and loot; access to the city was blocked for 3 days. The long hot summer of 1967 saw 159 riots across the USA. Last year the crap instantly reminded me of those very scary times.

Listen to KMOX-1120 either on your radio or with something like TuneIn or iHeartradio; check Ustream and Twitter and perhaps Periscope and for more coverage the St Louis Post Dispatch (http://www.stltoday.com/).

2. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

If the residents of Ferguson say they want fair treatment will riots get them what they want? When the rioters are arrested will they then play the race card? Say they were targeted because they are black?

Update: an armed rioter who fired at two police officers was shot [he wasn't killed] and the police officers [who neutralized him] were placed on administrative leave. Now police aren't supposed to fire at thugs in self defense?

3. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Funded by George Soros, organized by Sharpton at the behest of his bosses in the DOJ and White House.

4. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

How is it that people protest violent treatment with more violence. When people use guns and their fists to protest an unjust event, the message gets lost in translation, do they not understand this? I wish people would wake up to the reality and protest in a more noteworthy manner.

5. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

Yes, I concur after seeing and hearing some discussions on TV and radio after writing the first post. Friggin' disgusting. I admit to an innate reaction upon seeing the turmoil. Unfortunately the low information peeps on the streets never know about being led around by the likes of the clan we know to be a PIA. Nuts.

6. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

I have always wondered why people would go to the extent of looting and acting violently as a form of expressing the messages they want to convey. I am not siding with anyone or any race but I do think these kinds of violent protests are so uncalled for. Yes, the US is a free country so these people who protest have the right to do so but harming others and putting others into a state of inconvenience is so unfair for the people who are not supposed to be affected. It is not wrong for them to seek out justice but they should also be straight enough to demand justice without violence and harmful acts.

7. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

8. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

9. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

Sad but true. The fact they are funding and directing this chaos speaks volumes.

10. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

I dont have a whole of sympathy for the folks in Fergeson. While I think there are legitimate concerns about criminal justice in this country, I do not believe they are going about raising those concerns the right way. Some people are just aimlessly complaining and committing criminal acts.