Ferguson Protests

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Rainman, Nov 25, 2014.

1. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

No, having to appear in front a grand jury is not a place any person wants to be. Sadly, his career is over, and all for doing his job. Is that really justice?

2. ally79

ally79 Guest

No, it is definitely not justice and effectively it has ruined the lives of both he and his wife. Her face has not been splashed all over the media...at least not yet, but I doubt that she will be able to go back to law enforcement either. I wonder how they are going to be able to make a living or find a way to start over at this point.

3. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Wilson may have escaped being indicted but that made things worse for him. In many ways. Some terrorist group placed a $5K bounty on Wilson's head:
    http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...unty-on-heads-of-officer-wilson-and-relatives
    Vigilante justice? Is that where the U.S is heading?

4. ally79

ally79 Guest

This poor man can't win for losing, and all for doing his job in the line of duty. If he had been indicted he would have served his sentence in protective custody, alone 24 hours a day, and someone in prison would likely have killed him despite the precautions. He was not charged, and now he can no longer go in public and the lives of his family and extended family are in jeopardy from vigilantes. Police departments wonder why they can't get recruits? Here is a prime example!

5. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I can't help but suspect that Valerie Jarrett / Obama / Holder leaned on Gov Nixson to not engage the troops.

Classic Obama political machine in action - worry about political "optics" and not be bothered with protecting innocent American lives and property from the actions of criminals.

[video=youtube;nEA4Upas5i8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEA4Upas5i8[/video]

6. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Seriously!?...i knew something quite ugly and evil in this regard would come up from hell's underbelly...$5K bounty...does revenge bring back the guy who was killed anyway?!..

7. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

Agreed with this. The is circumstantial evidence that points directly at that possibility. In fact, a couple of interview's on Sean Hannity's program this week (one with the Ferguson police chief and the other with the Lt. Gov of MO) touches upon that topic.

8. May102014

May102014 Well-Known Member

The protesters have gone way too violent. Burning police cars, setting ablaze businesses, looting and destroying private business won't lead anywhere. Why can't they protest peacefully and without violence? If they do that, they might gain the sympathy and empathy of people.

9. wulfman

wulfman Guest

Has it subsided some ? I am not current on what is happening in Ferguson. From what I understand in NY there were protests after a black man died from excessive force used by officers. And another incident in Phoenix.

10. ally79

ally79 Guest

I don't know if it has actually subsided or if the news is just done with it. I haven't seen any new news stories about protests in Ferguson over the past few days. There was however, another unarmed black man shot by a white cop in Florida.