Fidelity Investor Community

Discussion in 'Online Brokers' started by baudwalk, Oct 5, 2015.

1. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

https://www.fidelityinvestorcommunity.com/

I had known of Schwab's investor forums for years, and I had been asking Fidelity reps about an online investor forum for Fidelity customers. I don't know how old or new the 'Fidelity Investor Cimmunity' is, but today I received an email inviting me to join same. This site doesn't seem to be directly accessible from the Fidelity.com site, so it is new to me. If you are a Fidelity customer...

2. Penny

Penny Well-Known Member

Is it definitely their own official forum? I haven't seen anything about it by email or on the site. I think it is a good idea though.

Edited to add: Tried to sig in using my Fidelity account info and got "Our records indicate that you do not have access to the Fidelity Investor Community."

3. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

The sute is definitely is owned/operated by Fidelity. I received an email that linked me to the sign-in thingie. More than that, I know nuttin'. Sorry. Perhaps a phone call to the 800 number may help?

4. Penny

Penny Well-Known Member

I guess they are rolling it out selectively to some specific subset of members. I will just have to be patient ;)

5. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

I think investment forums can surely be helpful. I belonged to one years ago that gave quite a bit of potential to new and potential customers. I am not sure if it is exactly what you are speaking about, but anytime you can find information about investments and quality ways to invest your money, I think it can be instructive.

6. Penny

Penny Well-Known Member

"Currently the Fidelity Investor Community is dedicated to Expert Independent Investors who hold a minimum retail account value (excluding employer plans) of $250,000, and trade a minimum of 36 or more times a year. Based on these requirements, your account is not eligible at this time. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause."

7. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

Sorry to raise expectations, Penny. And I didn't know I traded more than 36 times a year...