Finding Real News

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by May102014, Jul 29, 2014.

1. May102014

May102014 Well-Known Member

People tend to believe what they see on TV or hear on the radio. Why are some individuals content on not researching certain information but rather believe what is shown to them? I feel most of the people have become the tools for marketing and business. They believe what they hear. The thing is we have abandoned the real medium of learning. We depend on Facebook, Google search and TV news rather than reading a full story with proper context from an independent newspaper or some other authentic source. What are your opinions?

2. wulfman

wulfman Guest

Of course media exaggerates and turns certain incidents into more drama than it deserves. They are all about the ratings. I personally like Al Jazeera news network. I think it is even better than CNN.

3. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

You are very right on that one,I find Al Jazeera to be more straight up to the point and they like to keep it real.

4. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

I think that we find independent sources of information mainly on books, we can learn from ourselves and watch the news from a different angle because most news are biased.

5. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Where else can we find authentic news online...am online more often than not...am not a newspaper fan...is Aol or Msn any better because i rely on Google most of the time?

6. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

I think that even online we see the news, sure, some things are just what they are, based on fact, while others are mere speculations, we are smart enough to see that.

7. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

The MSM is largely a complete joke and has become little more than a PR machine for the current admin.

Of course I do watch Fox, but I also watch lots of CNBC for financial info, and some CNN and MSNBC news shows as well... and even some of those people are waking up.

8. mn1989

mn1989 New Member

After taking a communication class in college on US News, I believe the way the US reports news is ridiculous. Especially when it comes to news stations, they are quick to react to anything that they hear. If there is a breaking news story, they will take any piece of information and run with it just to build ratings. How about we take our time to report on what matters? I think we also rely more on the facts that are going to get a rise out of the viewers, and then we don't get the other facts. Only parts. Then we make quick judgments or jump to conclusion because we rely on these news sources. Plus, you get the fact that the news stations would rather focus on who is sleeping with who instead of the big issues that our country is dealing. I personally think Europe does a much better job at reporting. When I opened the paper when I spent some time in France, you would see the big issues that the country was dealing with. Not, "Oh, Justin Bieber was punched by Orlando Bloom."

9. babyleans

babyleans Member

People should do more research on what they doubt. But i think that for the most part news networks like CNN and BBC are accurate. I don't think i'd do a better job at compiling my own news.

10. bintsk

bintsk Active Member

Like Determined2014, I prefer Al jazeera since it doesn't exaggerate and isn't biased. Other medias are just too much right now. It's hard to find the true news. These medias nowadays just overreact and make small matters too big.