Finding Real News

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by May102014, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Kate

Kate Senior Investor

There is a big difference between gossip rags and independent newspapers. None of the papers I read have ever put things like who's sleeping with whom or celebrity trash in the top headlines or anywhere near the front page unless it was a criminal matter that resulted.

Now TV news... yeah, that happens sometimes but then I would just switch (when I had TV that is) to another station. Usually between 2 or 3 stations after removing the obvious spin, I was always able to get pretty much of the real story.

2. Dixons

Dixons Member

I've found it hard to find any "real" news these days. Almost every media is in some way shape or form funded by people with certain ideas, there's really no going around that. Does anyone have any tips?

3. Ricardo187

Ricardo187 Member

It's not new that media wants polemic and the mainstream media exaggerates and makes up false news but if you look, it's hard to find other sources. Usually private sites and such take their content from these mainstream sources too, as they can't access information by themselves not being official or known as an agency.

4. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

I guess i stopped watching news after all the negative vibes being transmitted back and forth, no single day would pass without this and this happened...anyway the world is full of it...negativity and i believe that is all there is to report but the media is not doing us any favors by exaggerating at times :(

5. gekko41

gekko41 Active Member

For news, I like to read through Jittery.com each morning, it's a news aggregator that concatenates financial and business related news from differing sources. I try to avoid CNN/Fox,etc. as they tend to give off negative "energy".

6. Muthoni

Muthoni Guest

I think that most people hate reading because it was forced on them when they were children when it was mandatory to attend school. Ignorance is not an excuse and the experiences they will get in life due to living this way will open their eyes not to trust these sources of information. The best lessons are learnt through experiences.