Fine homes and estates

Discussion in 'Buying & Selling Real Estate' started by JR Ewing, Jan 20, 2016.

1. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

3. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

Gee, having that kind of home would surely define the owner as moneyed. I have entered such elegant houses with intricate designs not only of the flooring but also of the walls which were mostly made of fine wood (surely expensive). There was this house in Baguio City (north of the Philippines) which was owned by an American. It was really a fantastic house that they converted it into a sort of museum.

4. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

This is what I call a dream home. Cozy and very elegant. All I can say is wow! I bet building a house like this would cost a fortune for regular people like me. I remember usually seeing houses like these whenever a Hollywood star would put his/her house for sale, they would usually put them on entertainment news and the cost is just oh so jaw dropping. :)

5. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Yeah I like the design... it's just the size that I'm not too fond of. 8 bathrooms. Really? :D
    Then again with a 8.5 million house you probably don't care about how much maintenance and cleaning etc it takes. But still, do you really need to take a shower in 8 different places and use the loo in 9 different ones?

6. Kate

Kate Senior Investor

I had a weird thought while watching that Rancho Del Mar Trail video. While I could definitely see myself puttering around that kitchen, I realized that if I could afford that house, I'd want to have it as a rental... with extremely high rental income. :D

Why? Basically because I'd get lost... I'd totally get lost in all that space and I'd always be nervous about scratching/denting/scuffing *something.* So... yeah, I'd rent it out to Johnny Depp and live in my smaller "lived in" house down the block. :cool:

7. UnslaadKrosis

UnslaadKrosis Active Member

It is surely an awesome home to live in if you can afford it. AND you have a large family. I mean, isn't it just too big for a bachelor or a couple? What would someone do with that many rooms? Except may be get lost in the neverending maze?

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

Here in the UK we also have a lot of fine homes in certain areas of the country. London obviously is one of them but in other parts of England there are pockets of mansion estates springing up as more and more people are choosing to move and live outside of the cities these days.

9. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

Those Calif. houses are gorge...but that is way more space than I would know what to do with. I would probably have to rent out some of the rooms. Some of the homes in this area have California or outdoor kitchens which are really nice. You could probably use it 9 months of the year. I would really love to have something like that, except one of the ones I toured was not in a lake development...so that kind of defeats the purpose for this area.

10. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

Very beautiful.
    I would never buy it for 2 reasons;
    1) HOA. I hate HOA's, always a bunch of bored trophy wives who make themselves feel better by nitpicking on every little detail. If I have 1.22 acres you'll be damned sure I am going to have some kind of track to run my ditbike on and a garage full of noisy toys.
    2) Size. That size house you either spend a good chuck of time to clean and maintain or you hire help. I do everything myself I don't hire help, so no good for me.

Props to the Stone Masons, that stone work looks gorgeous though.