Fine homes and estates

Discussion in 'Buying & Selling Real Estate' started by JR Ewing, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

Some big houses are designed with hedges or small trees to enhance the look. It is understandable that when you take away the hedges it would appear like a man that had a short haircut or even bald. Big old houses in Manila have that fountain in the front yard. My grandmother said that fountains added to the value of those houses since a house with a fountain certainly would give the impression that it is owned by a rich person. I remember some of our rich neighbors with fountains in their front yard.

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Here's the vid for it:

[video=youtube;JqNqF00B6a0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqNqF00B6a0[/video]

3. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

Gee, that luxury home is for one to dream of. Honestly, I used to have the aspiration of owning a home like that in an upscale neighborhood. But come to think of it, we are not that rich as to live in that kind of village. We will only be out of place since the neighbors would be rich. It is like being a big fish in a big pond. However, we sometimes stay in that kind of luxury homes for vacations particularly in the Subic Forest View, a mountain resort far north of Manila, they have an elegant village like that.

4. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

Fountains are really neat, and I think they do add to the value of a home. I have gone to home and garden places in this area, that have a variety of fountains and waterfalls some of which I wish I could put in my yard to increase the value. I used to use my yard a bit more when I had a dog...but now it just sits here and is grass to mow. A fountain would be a really nice thing to put on the lawn! I wish I could afford one. I know simple ones can be made, but I am lazy!

5. nissi

nissi Well-Known Member

That video was beautiful. I love large kitchens! I need the open space so that's a must. That one was gorgeous.

6. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

I have gone to a home where the kitchen is so huge with 4 gas range and 2 sinks. I remarked that it can be used as a location for shooting a cooking tv show and the owner just smiled. She said they wanted a big kitchen because they usually have many guests. Well, the owner is a politician and I understand that with more than a hundred guests every day, you need at least a brigade for the food requirements. And it's not just an ordinary meal they need to prepare but a classy buffet style.