Focus on Russia

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by dianethare, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

I believe it will not just affect Ukraine alone, but it will have some effect to other countries to in a different way.

2. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

What was the deadline for the gas supply? If there were suppose to be a deadline and Ukraine did not pay anything then that is not Russia’s fault. Its interesting that Ukraine could still take the gas since its intermingled. I think that Ukraine was still upset when Russian separatists shot down Ukrainian military transport plane. Its obvious that Europe has to rely on Russia to get their gas. It is sad to be them, but I could agree with Gazprom that Ukraine should not waste 5 billion dollars on Russia. I think that Russia already has enough weapons and does not need anymore money.

3. mark973

mark973 Well-Known Member

They have been hurt by the sanctions already. It would make sense that they are backing off but I think the major reason is that Putin got what he wanted which is Crimea. He is just waiting for the rebels and the UA to battle it out.

4. Profit5500

Who knows what else Putin wants I mean he did get Crimea which was accomplished by military action. Putin seems like he probably wants to just have control in that area. Putin looks like he's got it made, so I wonder what he plans on next.

5. IrishLad

IrishLad Member

I think he'll be happy with the bit of Ukraine he's gotten and won't try to push for more. He knows that the EU and the states wouldn't stand for it if he takes any more land. So now I believe that stability will slowly return to Ukraine and there will be a lot less soldiers and an end to the aggression.

6. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Finally....Glad to know that the whole situation will stabilize at some point...peace should prevail :)

7. Profit5500

Yeah it would be good enough for Putin to relax since he has part of Ukraine under his control. I just do not think he would stop unless he really wants to have an issue with the EU. I just hope for the people who are there in Ukraine can get some closure in these dark times.

8. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

I guess i spoke too soon...peace in this region seems farfetched :(

9. al.palacios

al.palacios Member

Hmm... it's probably in Russia's best interest to consider the possibilities in the long term. Especially when it has so much to gain in the near future. It would be unwise to think that they are not incapable of pulling a blunder. But so far things have been mostly positive from their camp. In any case it's going to be a difficult time for the next couple of years+.

10. wulfman

wulfman Guest

Russia trying to unify with Cuba . That made me laugh. They better just stop the nonsense before the rest of the world gets pissed off. They aren't Germany in World War I.