Ge In A Mess (ge)

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by Chartman, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Chartman

Chartman Senior Investor

GE is in a mess with news the dividend has been slashed by 50% and there are concerns about cashflow. Check the share price graph - price has been walked down for many months now:

[​IMG]

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I recently bought a little.

They were poorly managed for many years, bought too many companies at too high prices in too many industries, sold off other assets too cheaply, etc.

I believe that with new management and with new shareholders such as Nelson Peltz making noise, they just may be able to turn things around somewhat.

I think that selling off a fair amount of assets and getting down to a more focused, efficient core business will be a major step in the right direction.

3. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

Long term GE looks interesting but I agree JR, they bought too many companies, often paid too high a price and lost their focus. However, surely there must be some gems hidden away in the massive number of business under the GE umbrella? Everyone is talking the company down - at some point the risk/reward ratio will swing back in favour of a buy. I dont think that point is too far away :)

4. Chartman

Chartman Senior Investor

The chart for GE is a mess with no sign of a support level. Free falllllllllllllllllll

5. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

I would like to do some "sum of ther parts" research into GE as there must be some gems in there?