George Soros’ World Is Falling Apart – And He Blames Everyone But Himself

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by baudwalk, Jan 8, 2017.

1. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

For those who came in late, here's Johnny... err... George. This piece adds some background not often explained, if at all, by the mainstream media.

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/372921-soros-eu-democracy-putin-merkel/

Soros is the character behind Black Lives Matter and many other liberal Alinsky-Cloward-Piven efforts hiding behind Open Society Foundations

https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

That's typical of the leftist elitist: to be so arrogant as to think they know what's best for everyone else; to of course want to be exempted from those things they want to force upon everyone else; and to blame others when their ideas are either 1) rejected by the masses; or 2) put in place and fail miserably.

I really do wish that he, the Clintons, the Obamas, and the other leftist elitists - whose ideas have failed in the past and have been rejected recently - would just go away. But of course we'll have no such luck with these fanatics and egomaniacs.

3. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

Unfortunately I don't think the loon liberals will go away in my lifetime. What irritates me is the MSM -- not even the mostly conservative Fox News -- points out that Soros is the current culprit, directly or indirectly, behind virtually all of the social causes running amuck in the US and Europe. Ibid for history, doomed to be repeated: Alinsky, Cloward and Piven.
    ----
    Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered...
    "who ties your shoelaces for you?"

4. JR Ewing

Soros also likes to brag about his ability to profit from "chaos" - so much so that he eventually reached a point where he was able to CAUSE the chaos.

5. JR Ewing

6. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

Glad to see George Soros getting some of his own medicine. I remember the day when he made a killing betting against the UK remaining in the exchange rate mechanism. I have no problem in people taking gambles and making money on markets but when things do not go their own way why do they complain? After all, markets are simply information exchanges were different opinions dictate prices and price movements.

7. JR Ewing

Much of Soros's success has also come from obtaining illegal inside info from the politicians and other officials he has bought off. He cannot hold Warren Buffett's jockstrap.

Ever listen to or read Soros's explanations of how he supposedly does this or that? He talks of getting cramps in his back or a pain here or there or whatever as a buy or sell signal... What hogwash! :rolleyes:

8. longtermbull

Does the market really take as much notice of George Soros as perhaps it used to? Warren Buffett seems to be more respected or am I reading that wrong from the UK?

9. JR Ewing

Soros can certainly still move a stock up when it is revealed through filings that he has bought in.

I do certainly respect the accomplishments of all of these guys, but Buffett is probably the best pure individual stock picker of all time.

Soros has his insider tips and whatnot. Simons and DE Shaw have their HFT systems. Icahn and Cohen like to use legal tactics and other forms of "sharholder activism". And Tepper, Dalio, and others like to borrow huge amounts of money at low interest to greatly amplify the modest % returns they'd usually get on relatively safe, steady investments...

But Buffett has long been just a great stock picker overall.

10. longtermbull

Are the two investors, Soros and Buffett, from similar backgrounds? They both seem to have good followings in the investment market but perhaps Buffett seems to be better respected?