Getting a phone screen repaired?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Moneyinthebank, Aug 1, 2014.

1. ormaybeso

ormaybeso Well-Known Member

Unless it's a really recent model like the iPhone5x or a popular Samsung, I can't say much about if you can get if fixed. My brother broke a cheap tablet a couple months ago and it costs more to get it repaired than it cost to get! If you do so happen to have a good model phone though, just try your nearest Walmart/Futureshop tech support or something like that I'm sure they'll direct you to the correct person to talk to.

2. jason

jason Guest

I've gotten multiple iphone screens repaired. Usually it runs me $40-50 for service and the cost of equipment. Not the cheapest but my phone is out of warranty and it's more affordable than getting a new phone entirely. I can't wait to get a new one with stronger glass.

3. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member

I have also cracked my phone's screen. It wouldn't be expensive to fix but the screen functions as normal so I don't have a need to get it repaired. However, the phone cost me only 100$ so it is not lucrative to repair phone of that price.

4. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

This is one of those cases and that prevention is the best because these screens are really expensive and can be broken easily.

5. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

CPR is a good store for cell phone repairs. Also Cellularis, which are located in a malls throughout the country do a pretty good job of fixing cell phones, cell phone screens, etc. It's a heck of a lot cheaper than repairing the entire cell phone. It's not going to be cheap but they do a decent job of making your phone look pretty close to new condition.

6. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member

I'll just get a new phone and sell the broken phone. I'll find more durable and strong phone.

7. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

I do not think there is a CPR store where I live. The only best thing to do is get a new phone since the old one is broken. Unless you know how to repair the phone you might as well get a new one.

8. jason

jason Guest

There are tutorials online that show you how to repair your screen if you're good at that sort of thing. I myself am not so I went to a repair shop to fix mine. If you have the tools and patience you can save a lot by ordering the supplies yourself and trying.

9. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

I would not mind any cellphone repair. As long as the repairs are good then there is no issues for me.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  10. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Smartphones are something great, but at the same time they are so fragile. I still remember my old cell phone that I dropped it on the floor every other day.