Giving Feedback.

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Muthoni, Oct 13, 2014.

1. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

It's very interesting that several of the world's largest and most successful hedge funds such as Ray Dalio's Bridgewater have a system in place where everyone is expected to be 100% open and honest in communicating with everyone else, and no one is really above anyone else in terms of figuring things out and finding solutions - egos are put aside completely.

http://www.bwater.com/Uploads/FileManager/Principles/Bridgewater-Associates-Ray-Dalio-Principles.pdf

2. Muthoni

Muthoni Guest

Yes Peninha it is a true question. Someone decided to give me a bad feedback. I am still struggling to raise my feedback so that I can withdraw the money that I have made so far. I am registered on other forums and I have never experienced any problems with them.

3. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

We live in a complex world where we need to fight many times against faceless enemies, that is why we should always do our best so that we can achieve good results.

4. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

That does seem like a great situation and a good way to arrive at the necessary solutions, but how effective is it in practice? Can egos be completely cast aside all the time?

5. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

I don't think so, even if those companies work like that is because they live way above average, the just walk on everyone else to achieve that level.

6. downloads

downloads Well-Known Member

If it's bad feedback without a cause then it's not feedback. It's a complaint/criticism.

Anyways, negative feedback is good as long as it focuses on the action rather than the person.

7. Muthoni

Muthoni Guest

Very true, it seems like we have to fight for everything in this life. When we work so hard there are others trying to pull us down. I guess the motto for the day is to be prepared for battle. Thanks for this input.

8. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

Either cases, unless we receive feedback we won't know what others think about us, that's also important.

9. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member

It is important for example in work to get feedback in order to improve. However, there need be arguments for bad or good work in order to learn of it.

10. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure there are challenges with such a system, and there's obviously got to be some sort of actual power structure when it comes down to actually making the various decisions that must be made within a company - but it obviously works well at Bridgewater. :D