God: active in the world or not?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by danben, Jan 17, 2016.

1. danben

danben Member

This is a question for those that do believe in God. Do you believe that God is still active in our world today? Or does he just watch and do his job as judge?

2. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

I don't think God sits up there and judges, but he guides through others whenever he can. He/she/it is active, but it's a two way thing and we as humans can't expect God to sort things out all of the time, especially when things could have been avoided.

People expect help when they don't try to help themselves too often, so why should you allow someone the easy way out when they make the same mistakes deliberately?

3. MakeDollarsSense

MakeDollarsSense Well-Known Member

I think God is active in the world as far as influence on certain things. I also think God is going to have the ultimate judgement over mankind. What I don't believe is that God is responsible for every catastrophe, or every "miracle" that happens in the world.

4. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Humans forget how insignificant they are. Look at the vastness of the Universe and try to imagine that there are infinite universes and one God ruling them all.

We all don't obey His rules but He is willing to intervene ONLY when we ask for that help and prove that we are willing to live as He wants us to — love your neighbor as yourself. Until we learn to love each other, you'll not see the goodness of God because God is LOVE.

5. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

If there are an infinite amount of universes, I assume going along the multi-verse way of thinking here, then does that not imply that there are also an infinite amount of gods watching over the universe he/she/it created?

6. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

With all the crimes, violence, murders, happening in the world today, it's safer to assume that no one is guiding us. It's safer to say that we are alone and that no higher being is out there to help us. But for me, these situations are all tests of our faith in God. The more difficult the situation, the more that our faith is tested. And if in these instances, we are able to hold on to Him and let Him guide us, we become better, stronger and more able to surpass more difficult situations in our lives.

7. nissi

nissi Well-Known Member

God is definitely active in the world and in people's lives. Especially the saved person. Everything is under his control.

8. djordjem87

djordjem87 Well-Known Member

It is not realistic to expect only believers to respond to this question. I believe the God is in us and if that is right he still is here in all of us but obviously if so, he is struggling a lot. We are destroying the world and if He created us and the world not doing anything is probably the best way to repair the damage. I think he already put a great effort and it was a waste of time.

9. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

When you say "in the world today" are you implying that there are more instances of this happening then in the past?
    Because any student of history can tell you that (especially if you live in a developed nation) we live in the most peaceful time on record.
    The value of a human life for 99% of our history was nothing, less then nothing. Look at things in the past like slavery.
    Murders, rapes, mass killings, theft, violence, persecution, racism, war, genocide, ect ect these were hallmarks of daily life for most of the poor souls that graced this planet.
    A few times I went to the local library and pulled up 100+ year old microfilm newsprint.
    The crazy stuff that was in those papers would have people today up in arms on Facebook.
    The only reason it seems the worlds in a sorry state now is the mainstream media pushes all this negative crap 24/7. In the past you really only knew about what went on in your community, and sometimes major world events.
    Now if a guy in Cambodia takes a dump in his neighbors cheerios it makes it all the way around the world.

10. Rezonate

Rezonate Member

For some like myself it's kind of hard to answer this question well the question should be is there really a God ? With all that's going on in the world and has been since the beginning of mankind from isis and all the murders and killing in the world you have to question the existence of God sometimes.