God Heals the Sick?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by JoshPosh, Jul 25, 2015.

1. MNyte

MNyte Member

See, why does the earth have to be perceived as the anatomy? Couldn't earth just be gods side-project? See, that's when you question the existence, and in reality, the universe is infinitely expanding. There should be, or have been, life on other planets - whether close, or distant. So, the belief that God just made Earth the center of life is horridly wrong. Only one thing can be concluded for this man-made idea.

2. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

God heals us in his own way. He blesses us daily although we don't see it. It's best for anyone not to want for anything and just be happy with living because that is God's greatest gift. I don't think anyone can grow limbs I don't know where you got that news. It's better if we just trust in the Lord and faith with the people around us.

3. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

That factor was a huge part of the reason why I left the church. It wasn't really the high profile sleazy acts, and there were certainly some in our local church, it was the everyday hypocrisy. It isn't so much that Christians were bad people, and most weren't, but that they were completely indistinguishable from everyone else in society.

4. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

I belong to the health care profession and being in this profession I have witnessed a lot of things that can be very well explained by science. I used to be someone who usually relied on the technicalities and facts of life despite the fact that I'm a Christian. Until the time came that I finally became the patient and no longer the care provider. That's when I realized that as much as people wanted to control their lives and merely rely on medications to prolong their lives, a strong faith in His ways can help a great deal. I have gone through a lot of pain and struggles in my life too, and on those painful and struggling moments, I have gained more faith in Him. I almost lost my son and my own life when I gave birth and I truly believe that aside from all the medications and treatments we have received, my prayers and the prayers of the people around us helped me and my son recover.

Many would not believe and many would be skeptic and that is something that is to be respected, as much as people with faith also ought to be respected. We all choose to believe in different things but no one has the right to question them because our choices come from our own free will. Christian or not, respect is something we all deserve. :)

5. opus13no1

opus13no1 New Member

So, one of my favorite verses is Hebrews 11:1-40 it begins: "1Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. " Paul goes on rehashing many of the Old Testament stories of which Faith is predominant (which is pretty much the what the entire Bible is about). But anyway, I have been witness to personal miracles of healing and miracles within my own circle of believers. We all wonder why some get the blessing of miracles and others do not. The simple but difficult truth is that it is not for us to decide and know. That is where Faith comes in. We aren't here on earth forever, and for me, my prize will be having the Faith that when my day comes whether peacefully or not, I'll be in the presence of my Lord and Savior.

6. Pneuma

Pneuma New Member

Many a "Faith Healer" has been missed led and extreme in their presentation of God the healer.
    The issue is "recovery"...and yes science has and is developing to produce cures and procedures that can help the infirm.
    Bible Faith is also "scientific"...or rather should be. It must be learnt. Faith is based on concrete information... not on a whim.
    But on guarantees given.
    So I do personally I do believe in Divine healing... as I also will use medicine and go to the hospital.
    I'm learning...

7. Amin

Amin Guest

No ! God doesn't heal people, the belief that God heals people, heals people !

Guys, Don't underestimate the power of your subconciouse mind...

8. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

Here are some great examples of how convenient it is for God and his mysterious ways. My mom died of cancer. She prayed for gods mercy and wanted to be cured. Did it come to her? Nope she died and I never believed in miraculous healing anyways, but it made me think about how much actually put their faith in the imaginary guy in the sky.

If she miraculously was 100% healed, grew back her hair and was doing cartwheels the next morning, I would call that a miracle, but that never happened. My point is this. God can't go wrong either way. You religious fold will say, that god will heal your mom because she prayed. Oppps, she died, so now they are saying, god has a special plan for her.

So it doesn't matter what the outcome is, he can never go wrong either way. If she makes a comeback, it was because of god. She died anyways, so god has a special plan for her, he wins again. So it doesn't matter what the outcome is, God can never do any wrong and will always be in the right.

9. jbepp

jbepp Member

I personally don't understand this either, and this is coming from someone who understand well the role of faith. God doesn't participate in our world, he's more an entity, and we're just mere products in its way of things. God doesn't heal people directly, but rather it's up to us to heal and help other people. We are responsible for our world.

10. nissi

nissi Well-Known Member

God can and will heal, but he does not always do so. Sometimes he chooses not to. He has his own purposes for each person's life and we may not always understand his ways, but either way he gets the glory out of it and we will understand when we get to heaven if we're saved. If it's not his will to heal someone, then so be it, if it is, it is.