God Heals the Sick?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by JoshPosh, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

There are stories of him healing people, like I'm sure we've heard the story or him healing the sick and or blind person, but no he doesn't heal people in this day and age I do not think.

In fact, the belief that he does heal people lead to the needless death of a child in the past year. He had a virus that needed to be treated but his parents would not allow him to be treated because they did not believe in medicine and they believed that god and the power of pray would instead heal their child.

2. 111kg

111kg Guest

I honestly think that this kind of threads are a joke, honestly. If there was a God and he was almighty, why on Earh would he had given his children horrific diseases in the first place? How many of his children died because there were no antibiotics in the history of the Earth? How many people died of cancer? How many children died because of a congenital disease? Just because some old spirit guy decided they they were not worth of his holiness? Christianity should be history and nothing else more.

3. manoharb

manoharb Senior Investor

I try to give answer by both ways, from God believers and from atheist too. because, both ways have same destiny.

Jesus said, You put 1 step towards god , he will put 100 steps towards you.
    without strength, we can't put 1 step on this earth. so, I believe, his message is maybe you are sick, but nobody is 100% sick in this world, find your potentials, try to follow morals, this can give us strength to put 1 step towards God. God heals person, whose steps towards him are right means moralistic.

about atheists, they believes in words like Qi, Spirit, Tathagata, Buddha etc. they also support morals and strength.If we check ancient Buddhist book of Tibetan 'Mahayaan' name Vinay-Pithaka, it's all about morals and gaining strength.

without strength, nobody can heal and way to achieve strength is make right choices in life and help others too.

both sides, agreed with point, without strength and morals, healing is not possible.

In Soofism, 1 proverb, 'Himmat-E-Marda, Madad-E-Khuda' which means, who have courage, strength, Morals etc. God always heals him.

We sit on 1 place like sick person do nothing and claim, God will come and help us, It will not work.

Light is already inside us, but until, by strength of morals we can't remove black clouds of darkness, neither God believer nor atheist can get healed.

In short, It's a Gentle polite request, please stop involving god for the mess which we created. If God believer says, God will come to heal us, he is wrong and If Atheist blames god, he is wrong too. What God can do ?or what god will do ? is secondary question, In fact, nobody knows that, what we can do for this earth ? How can we make our life beautiful here ? I think, this is primary question. We are global citizens of this world and If we have strength, we also have some responsibility. God will come to help us. this is an excuse and in world diseases are spreading fast, so religion is useless, this is also an excuse.

4. manoharb

manoharb Senior Investor

Light is already inside us, but until, by strength of morals we can't remove black clouds of darkness, neither God believer nor atheist can get healed.

typing mistake take it as,

Light is already inside us, but until, without strength of morals we can't remove black clouds of darkness, neither God believer nor atheist can get healed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  5. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

Not everyone is healthy and not everyone can be healed. I think it's a fact and when people don't get better, people blame God. Faith can help, but does it heal? I may heal inside, but will it repair a damaged liver to cure someone who is blind? I don't think it's possible, but consider some people are sick for a reason, to help them learn things, or it maybe a karmic lesson?

6. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

I have known several faith healers but I still don't fully believe. There is one Catholic priest here by the name of Fernando Suarez. He is a healer and he holds a healing session after celebrating mass. He is mobbed everywhere he goes because, as they say, he had healed so many and even restored life to the dead. That priest said that it is God who heals and not him. That he is just an instrument of God and he doesn't even know he was able to heal people. Until now, Fr. Suarez has a ministry and he goes from town to town in holding his healing ministry.

7. manoharb

manoharb Senior Investor

After Winter, summer starts, After Summer, Rainy Season starts, after Rainy Season again winter. all Ups and down, Good and bad in life is matter of time. everybody have right on healing. everybody can heal himself. If I am not wrong, after 70000 experiments Thomas Edison invented Bulb. what happens if after 69999 experiments he gives up ? somebody said, No wisdom, No gain. To gain strength, wisdom is must. what we don't have, better than that think about 1st. what we have.

about diseases inside body, mind have amazing strength, It can cure any disease, Bruce Lee, Doctor told him, he can't practice Kung-Fu again, after his accident, but, he has his own plans and he proved doctor is not god. He came back in movies on his will-power. such millions examples stays around us all times. but, our negativity or excuses makes us weak . 1 Sanskrit word, 'Satsanga'. It means, stay among positive people, keep your mind involved which inspires you. find your divine code,live for that , die for that. If your code is genuine. It can help thousands people.

I agree, in matter of time, everybody can't heal, but , this world will become better place if healed citizen's quantity increased on this earth. in today's world science is moving ahead. If my eyes can help any blind to see this world. before my death, sure i will donate every part of my body for next generation.

I knew, in Today's world, my words are somewhere far away from reality. but, present is in our hand and better we never give up optimism. healing is every human's right. fighting on street for civil rights, woman rights, men rights is very easier than claiming our right on healing. most people like easy way. so, blaming God or God will come to help us. Giving such easy excuses not difficult.

In previous comments, I already wrote Karmas are inferior to knowledge. From Karma, we get worthy experience and what we learned from that experience, we call that knowledge. knowledge protect us from doing same mistakes again and again and i believe, this way healing happens. doing same mistake again and again. this way we will never get our right of healing. Doing mistake is human nature, but doing same mistake again and again is animal's nature.

8. manoharb

manoharb Senior Investor

Many Qi-Gong practitioners and Yogis helps diseased people. healing for diseases is worst part of healing. I am talking about best part of healing, which realizes human. what's his right, what is his strength. Body Related healing is part of Hathha-Yoga, above Hathha-Yoga, Dnyana-Yoga ( knowledge Yoga) above Dnyana-Yoga, Sahaj-Yoga ( Simplicity). Somebody said, being Simple very difficult. achieve Simplicity is human right and Taoism achieved that by ending all wars in mind and Jainism, Buddhism achieved that by winning all wars in mind. Christianity, Soofism achieved that by surrender and dedication. all Religions have same destiny. only ways of achieving goal are different.

9. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Miracles do happen everyday. How can someone be healed suddenly from a deadly disease without science or medicine being able to explain it? One book entitled "Three Miracles from Heaven" outlines the story of a little girl who is suffering from a terrible disorder without cure and suddenly recovers after an accident falling from a tree. Is this a miracle? Or did something in that accident triggered her body to heal herself? We don't know for sure but it's one of those miracles that happen to people.

10. roger1003

roger1003 Active Member

I believe that God heals the sick. It is our belief that heals us. That faith is actually coming from God, so God is the source and the cause of healing. God gave us the knowledge to diagnose and heal, so God is still the source as well for the medical interventions.