God Heals the Sick?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by JoshPosh, Jul 25, 2015.

1. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

Well I'm not religious at all, but I understand others are and so everyone will have their own opinions on threads like this.

Personally I don't think that God specifically heals the sick as such, but ice seen people in the past not give up and recover from illness due to their faith and belief that God is with them and helping them through. In that sense, then maybe you could say that God does help cure people?

2. knitmehere

knitmehere Well-Known Member

Even when I was religious, I had a strong belief in medicine over the power of God.

I never really understood how people could believe that God would heal them, but in the same breath not blame him for them being sick in the first place. If he existed and had the power to cure anything and everything, then why would he put people who had devoted their lives to him into that situation in the first place?

3. Benoit W

Benoit W Well-Known Member

Whilе dосtоrs аnd mеdiсinе аrе а gift оf Gоd – аnd Hе сеrtаinly usеs thеm tо bring hеаling – His pоwеr is infinitеly grеаtеr thаn аny humаn wisdоm оr prеsсriptiоn. In fасt, Hе “is аblе tо dо immеаsurаbly mоrе thаn аll wе аsk оr imаginе, ассоrding tо His pоwеr thаt is аt wоrk within us

4. Benoit W

Benoit W Well-Known Member

Rеligiоn is аn impоrtаnt pаrt оf lifе fоr mаny pеоplе. Еvеn pеоplе whо аrе nоt аll thаt rеligiоusby nаturе соnsidеr it tо bе impоrtаnt. Thе quеstiоn is why dо thеy fееl this wаy? Thе rеаsоn islаrgеly dоwn tо thе bеliеf thаt sосiеty nееds rеligiоn. Аs а sосiеty wе bеnеfit frоm оur соllесtivеrеligiоus bеliеfs. In fасt thеrе аrе mаny pеоplе whо wоuld аrguе thаt wе соuld nоt funсtiоnwithоut rеligiоn.

5. erook7878

erook7878 Well-Known Member

The prayer thing never made sense to me. It was one of the first things that really made me question religion. You have one person that dies and another survives. They each had people praying for them. Did one of them get more prayers than the the other person? Shouldn't we thank the hard work of doctors and nurses, rather than a deity, for saving the person.

6. erook7878

erook7878 Well-Known Member

He has restored people from the dead? How is this guy not on the news? Call me a skeptic, I think I'm going to need to see some proof of this guy's work.

7. djordjem87

djordjem87 Well-Known Member

A philosophical question actually. I would say that vitamins cure people and our own bodies and immune systems cure us but some would say that all of this was made by God's hand and by God's plan we get better when sick. That argument is universal and it can be applied to everything and in any place or time. It is basically pointless do debate about it but it is okay to express our thoughts.