God Vs Satan

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by ScooterBrandon, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

OK it's the labels that are the problem. Not everyone who says s/he is a Christian is Christian. But since anyone can call himself or herself that maybe it's time those whose character reflect that of Christ stopped calling themselves Christians because one can't tell the difference between the rest of the horde and any other cultists.

Anyway organized religion has caused pain to many people and the only solution to all that is to end organized religion. Everyone should have a personal relationship with the Deity of their choice. Bring people together [under the banner of some religion] and it creates divisions. US against THEM. Religion isn't inherently bad — it's the institutions which are.

• Like Like x 1
  2. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

I don't believe in any of that, though I will have to agree and say it's a good point and way different compared to what I've witnessed until now, to be completely honest with you. From this point of view, God is really more malignant than Satan. In fact, Satan, according to the Bible, was an angel which once did wrong to God, and therefore He sent him in a special place that He created... that is, hell.

3. galefussy

galefussy Member

He's willing to take in all the souls God refuses to, and tortures them for eternity. That's a big thing to consider. He's not recorded to doing bad stuff probably because no one has come back to report with any certainty on what happens down there. Suffice to say, people would rather not risk it. From an investment vs expectations point of view, playing nice for about 80-90 years is very worth it for an eternity in Heaven.

4. L_B

L_B Well-Known Member

I like the way you think!

5. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

All the partying and drinking, is just a prelude to what will happen in the end, this is how I see it, you live large on earth, then you spend eternity in hell, you suffer greatly on earth, then you spend eternity in heaven, {What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul, rather he'd better lose his soul to God and find it in the end} its all a matter of weighing the souls behavior... it is said that souls are like lamps before God, question; what light are you putting out...bright light, dim light, darkened light, darkness or no light at all?

6. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

The thing is God didn't create the evil in this world from the onset of creation there was good and bad, dark and light, creation and destruction. In order for Adam and Eve what was good to eat or not they had to know which was good and bad. It was right there from the beginning Lucifer just took advantage of that knowledge and manipulated both to eat the fruit. Lucifer was just a conniving snake that whispered in your ear but does that mean he's bad? Not necessarily. It's still all up to you, it's always been your choice.

7. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Choices that boil down to the fact that God has been extremely generous and given us Free Will; Freedom to Choose. :)
    The freedom to choose right or wrong.

8. cabrannon529

cabrannon529 Member

I'm not even sure if I necessarily believe in the existence of a God/Satan, much less the Christian versions. However, say they do exist. I, without a doubt, would have to side with Satan. God has done horrible things that I can't even rationalize, and the only reason we're told to follow him is because of a book that says he's the good guy. What if that book said he was the bad guy? We'd start to see why. He flooded the Earth, granted humanity eternal sin because he was a bad parent to Adam and Eve, and what did Satan do? He tried to challenge that. Now, Satan just wants the souls that God refuses.

9. evelin

evelin Well-Known Member

If you think about the whole situation from this respective point of view, then yeah... I suppose that you could label Satan a better being than God. Though if you think about it further... Satan doesn't have access to our lives, as opposed to God who controls absolutely everything that breathes and moves in this Universe. Satan exists only to lure us to temptation. This is what my Bible reading attempt taught me.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

While I think there's probably a lot of interesting arguments and both sides will be able to make a valid points I'm not religious in the slightest so when people start to talk about religion it falls on deaf ears for me.

What I do know is that more wars and murders have been caused by religion than anything else, so it's hard to make a case.