Going Solo

Discussion in 'Buying & Selling Real Estate' started by Rainman, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Investor

Investor Well-Known Member

Real Estate Agents are good, so long as you have a good relationship with one, you are guaranteed to have a good sales process. If you decide to go solo, you may take much longer to sell, and as we know, time is essential, time is money, you may very well lose out on the house that you wanted because your house is not as sold so you don't have the money to buy another.
    The second good thing about having a real estate agent sell your property is that your property is featured world-wide, so you have a FAR greater chance of having it sold than if you were to try to do it yourself in your neighborhood or surrounding areas.
    There are a lot more benefits of having a Real Estate Agent work for you so try not to worry too much about paying them, it's always better to hire a professional. And who knows, may be,just may be...your agent will be loving and give you a lower rate :)

2. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonder Guest

Of course, you can do it solo, but it also depends on how well connected you are with various types of people. If you have a good network and at the same time, you like researching, then yes, the potential of earning more while going solo is quite high. However, if this is not the case, you will realize that you actually lose more because of lost opportunities or because you have failed to read a fine print that an experienced broker or realtor is already so well-versed on. So yeah, it depends on your capability as a person.

3. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

See...you are completely great at this missbishi...hence the success...i don't think i'd handle it...i'd rather let a realtor deal with the migraines while i do something that would be worthwhile to me...i know in the process i'd lose some percentage but no worries ;)

4. Onionman

Onionman Senior Investor

Using an estate agent is ultimately about someone doing the leg work for you. If you are happy to take the work on, then you could save yourself a lot of money. I don't think a lot of people actually realize they can do it themselves, or are scared that it's too complex. I've known people that have done it and it's very doable.

5. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

This is a very interesting concept and one that I have not considered. I guess you could purchase real estate online, but I am a beginner and would not personally do it. I would feel much more comfortable working with someone who is an expert on such things.perhaps after I had a few in my belt I would consider going solo.