Gold Futures Were Trading Low In Noon Trade

Discussion in 'Commodities Forum' started by Rahul, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Rahul

Rahul Active Member

Gold futures for August 2017 contract is trading at Rs 29310 per 10 grams, down by 0.44 %, after opening at Rs 29350, against a previous close of Rs 29440. It touched the intra-day lower of Rs 29307.

Read More - Commodity Updates

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I've been dollar cost averaging into gold a little each week for many years now... In recent years by buying weaker currencies with USD, then using those weaker currencies to buy gold.

I currently have ~ 5% of my portfolio in gold - mainly via ETFs that buy and hold the physical commodity and use little or no leverage.

3. Rahul

Rahul Active Member

4. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

5. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

Personally I am very surprised there has not been more interest in gold with political woes in the US and Europe. Markets seem to be taking a lot for granted in my view. Anyone else have an opinion on this?

6. gauridollar

gauridollar Member

Hello, I think The lower than average quality of the price orders were filled before trading expired at 12:00 noon.
    Thank you

7. Chartman

Chartman Senior Investor

Surely any uncertainty in Europe, as a consequence of issues on the German political scene, would encourage a flight to safety in the shape of gold?

8. kirtimeliwal

kirtimeliwal Senior Investor

Gold was trading in the red in morning trade. MCX Gold futures declined by 0.47 per cent, or Rs 136, at Rs 29,073 per 10 gram, while MCX Silver futures fell by 0.01 per cent, or Rs 2, at Rs 37,580 per 1 kg at around 10.50 am (IST).

stock tips