Gold should be in for a rise

Discussion in 'Commodities Forum' started by SamClemensMT, Jan 9, 2015.

1. SamClemensMT

SamClemensMT Well-Known Member

Judging by the forex market and the USD's inverse relationship to the price of gold, my prediction is for the value of gold to gain ground for the next several weeks. I can't give you a price target, but that's only because I don't observe the gold market quite as closely as I do forex. I'll leave that to the gold bugs here on Bull Market Board. Here's a book you may want to look for on Amazon.

[​IMG]

2. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

I would love to go up to the mountains and mine for some actual gold. My dad has done it all of his life as a hobby and you could make some good money if you know where to look and have patience. When you talk about buying gold, are you talking about physical metal or a stock in it of some sort?

3. Onionman

Onionman Senior Investor

I've dabbled a bit with gold but I'm not really looking at it from a broader investment perspective at the moment. A lot of the interest in recent years was overly hyped, and a normalization in US interest rates will make gold less attractive. But as it stands, there's probably still some scope for having some in your portfolio.

4. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

I would much prefer to have the actual metal instead of just having a piece of paper that says I own gold. At least if something bad were to happen in society, I could use it to barter with. It is also something nice to pass down to the kids.