Good Charts?

Discussion in 'Forex - Currencies Forums' started by Mr.RC, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Mr.RC

Mr.RC Member

Hello Forum members,

Does anyone know any good stock chart software (no downloads) where the timeframe can go from 5 minutes to daily?

Thanks in advanced!

2. SamClemensMT

SamClemensMT Well-Known Member

Your question is being posted under forex. So, I'm going to assume you need charts for forex trading. MT4 programs typically include charting software. I find it to be more than ample for the task of opening and closing trades. There are even analysis tools included. You have no reason to buy extra software to trade forex if your broker's trading platform is MT4 based.

3. My401K

My401K Well-Known Member

For regular trading I like stock charts, (stockcharts.com) If I am looking for something that has better or quick information I still use Yahoo Finance, they have excellent historical data with just about anything else that might help you make a decision. Charting is good IMHO if you use it in combination with other data to make a market call. I know there are trading software that will suggest they can signal a downturn, but that is debatable and if you look into it, usually only after the fact.

4. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

MT4 (metatrader4) is the norm for trading the foreign exchange. If you check out forums they do have expert advisors to help out with your trading. Also as some else mentioned earlier that there is a lot of technical analysis that comes with the software. Try it out on demo.

5. SamClemensMT

SamClemensMT Well-Known Member

There's a website called stockcharts.com. They have pretty good charts. You can start with their free charts and work your way up from there if need be. I used to use their services back between 2002 and 2004. My recollection is that they were excellent.