Good Open Source Software Analysis

Discussion in 'Trade Journals & Stock Tips' started by turt, Dec 17, 2015.

1. turt

turt Guest

Does anyone know of a good open source software that provides technical analysis of stock data in real time? There are a lot of great programs out there but they all cost too much for someone like me who doesn't trade for a living.

Thanks

2. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

I'm not aware of any open source analytical software. Assuming you are doing valuation analysis, what about building a spreadsheet using Google Drive:Sheets to scrape at least some data with the GoogleFinance() functions? Build a sheet master template with an input page containing a common-size balance sheet and income statement, and a results page with ratio and per share calculations. HTH. YMMV.

3. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

Those sound like some really good suggestions baudwalk. I would imagine there are some apps that could offer some of that analysis too. I can't think of any off of the top of my head, but maybe looking in the finance section will help you find something that fits the bill. There are all kinds of apps these days and some of them are bound to allow you to get the data analysis you are looking for.

4. gauridollar

gauridollar Member

Hello, It is rightfully said that data is money in today's world. Along with the transition to an app-based world comes the exponential growth of data.
    Thank you