Good sites where you can practice trading?

Discussion in 'Stock Market Education' started by queenbellevue, Mar 15, 2015.

1. TheBuddhistTrader

TheBuddhistTrader New Member

Most good brokers offer demo accounts. The are free. Nobody charges for a demo account/ paper trading account. If they do I issue a big "CAVEAT". Don't have an account with them. Also, while paper trading might be a good idea, at least initially to get a feel for shorter term trading and putting what you have learnt into practice, thee is no substitute for real trading, no matter how small. The psychology is very different . I have worked with "traders" who never get out of the paper trading mode out of fear to put money on the table. You shouldn't paper trade for longer than a month or so.

2. Michland

Michland Member

How long would you recommend to do paper trading before going live? What are your experiences?

ML

3. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

I am pretty sure that it is not free.

4. AtlantaSports

I have not ever heard of the term "paper trading". Can you educate me a little bit on that? I feel like the premise is really easy and I just do not know what it is.

5. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Means you're trading for educational purposes or other reasons without actually using money.

6. AtlantaSports

Ah. Well, know I feel stupid haha.

7. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

I know of Spark Profits... i gave it a go... lets just say i became dis-interested in heartbeat...blame my impatient trait, but its a good site if one is serious...what about Etoro?... i don't know of any other site... am 'extra-green' in this area :) :confused:

8. MillionsMercury

MillionsMercury Member

I've been using Investopedia's Stock Simulator to practice trading. I really like the simulator so far. I've never heard of Spark Profits before but I'm going to have to give that a try next thanks to this thread.

9. Juliamiller4u

Juliamiller4u New Member

I know a website named otcbully.com which offers tips and ideas to the people who are new to stock market. They offer stock trading for beginners and stock trading basics, you can learn how to make money in stock market and how to start stock trading.