GREEK BANKS CLOSED UNTIL AUG 1st.

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by MalorieJX, Jun 29, 2015.

1. MalorieJX

MalorieJX Well-Known Member

Greek banks need months to convert to new currency ! Many spanish, portuguese and italian banks also closing down.

2. BerndFoll

BerndFoll Well-Known Member

All banks in Italy, Spain and Portugal are opened and no problems there. Greek banks will be closed one week till speculators like you calm down and Greece will stay in euro and eurozone.

3. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

FWIW, there are least 3 other threads on the Greece business. Just sayin'.

4. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

5. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

That is a poor post Malorie, unrelated to the truth. Greek banks were closed yesterday, but I believe today they are already open. Crazy situation there as each person can only access 60€ per day...

6. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

One thing we all need to learn from the crisis in Greece is that while saving is a good thing we always need to have a little cash stashed somewhere at home so that in case the banks are closed, the ATMs have no money and we can't buy anything online you will always be able to buy anything you need. Should Greece leave the euro then I expect the banks will be closed for a little while longer.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

Well as the deadline as now past, the Greeks have officially defaulted on the loan they asked for. Even though talks are still on going, it doesn't look like any headway is being made so what IS the next step?

As ever it's the working man in Greece that's being hit the hardest in all this, and the longer it continues, the worse the situation is going to get.

8. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

It's just sad that Greece is down in the dumps. Is this an indication that the EU is a failure? Is the Euro not a good currency in terms of the lower rated economies of countries like Greece and Spain? Just asking.

9. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I shorted the Euro a while back, then bought it back and immediately bought gold and a little silver and crude with it. It has continued to go down.

10. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

This is what happens when you end up living under a boulder and at the remotest part of the planet despite technology being all around...or maybe I've been ignorant, I had no clue as to what was really happening in Greece but now am in the know...thanks @Rainman for that heavy piece of advice :)