Green National Bank...Should I buy?

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by kylemwiley, Aug 20, 2015.

1. kylemwiley

kylemwiley New Member

Greek National Bank (NBG) stock is trading around the sub $0.80 right now. I'm wonder if there's an opportunity for a potential gain here if the government can get their act together.
    Thoughts?

2. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

3. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

It will take a really long time before Greece's economy recovers. Unless you are willing to buy NBG stock and hold it for more than 3 years then I think it would be much better not to take the risk.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

As others have said, I wouldn't want to touch anything to do with Greece financially now or for a very long time.

The mess that they're in at the moment is going to take years to recover, if they ever even do, and so it's just to big of a risk in my opinion.

5. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Greece is a complete mess and the only way out of it is to default. Their debt is simply not supportable, at least not with their current way of living. And I have my doubts about them really doing what is necessary to stabilise their budget.

So I would stay away for the moment, though the banks do have potential upside as the ECB loves to refinance failing banks.