Greetings, everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by FrankieD, Aug 28, 2015.

1. FrankieD

FrankieD Well-Known Member

Woo, this site has two things I dig chatting it up about - money an religion! I'm glad a friend shot me this link, and here I am. :cool:

I've been investing for decades, since before I got out of college. I was primarily motivated at a young age to read books about money and investing because I most certainly didn't want to be like my parents. They were quite obviously irresponsible with money and neither had the mindset to invest. My natural inclination to build and think long-term allowed me to launch into hard-core learning mode. Since then, I've helped many family members do things like start automated investment accounts (which I am a big fan of), allocate 401k funds, and to start thinking of themselves as owners and businesses.

Anyway, I hope to share and also pick up some tips over time. Thanks for having me!

- Frank

2. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

3. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Welcome. Great to have you here, I'm very similar when it comes to investing. Started young (though not as young as you) and the main goal is to build a strong and stable super long term portfolio. I'm sure you will like it here.

4. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

Nice to have you and it seems like you have a positive view of investing. I think a healthy attitude toward money can lead to greater happiness in life. Knowing when to invest and how to invest is important, and some of the people on this site are quite knowledgeable in the investment arena. I hope you can find what you need here.

5. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

Welcome to the community! I also like how they had discussions on money and religion as they have a relation with regards to my own faith. I love your attitude on investing I hope you can share some of your knowledge with us.