Gun Control

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by soultakerkage, May 18, 2014.

1. Kate

Kate Senior Investor

Hear hear! I don't even like guns, but I have a humungous problem with people who think they're intelligent trying to take away our constitutional right to have them. What's next? We're each allowed two children? Food for thought of where all this may lead if we let them start changing those rights at will.

2. ForceofXero

ForceofXero Member

Guns should be allowed for self-defense. Taking our rights is terrible and unconstitutional. I personally don't own a gun, but having a gun would definitely decrease crime rate.

3. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

These mass murders always seem to happen in "GUN-FREE ZONES". These idiots know where they are most likely to be able to carry out their "mission" - somewhere where no one else is likely to be armed.

And these shooters themselves should be the focus - NOT their choice of weapon, but rather WHY they are doing these things. No one mentions banning knives due to the stabbings also involved in many of these mass killings, and other mass killings where ONLY knives are used.

4. alexisfinch24

alexisfinch24 Well-Known Member

I am not in favor of gun control because, I believe in the Constitution it states we have the right to bear arms. I do, however, believe that we do need to have a better regulatory system that focuses less on keeping it out of criminal hands and, more on keeping them away from children. Criminals will always get guns and, more than likely they are getting them illegally anyway. But, blaiming all these shootings on the gun companies and the responsible people who own them is not the right thing to do by any means. It's the children that get ahold of them and cause chaos that the focus should be on.

5. AlterB

AlterB Member

I'm anti gun control. Just because I don't like something doesn't mean I can't let someone else enjoy it. I don't tell my neighbor he can't eat tofu so I'd expect him to allow me to keep my guns. After all, gun control will really only regulate the lawful citizen.

6. foodietr

foodietr Member

Gun Control is a sensitive issue too. The right to possess guns as some say, is a fundamental choice. But at the same time, the risks involved in possessing weapons is high. As seen in the school shootings, there is a lot to debate about on Gun Control laws. The other countries in Britain have abolished possession of weapons and the drastic reduce in school shootings that followed is very much notable.

For those people who feel Gun Control is required, I'd say that it is better to ensure the safety of others when you choose not to own a weapon.

7. JR Ewing

They recently tried banning them in Chicago. Murders subsequently went through the roof. We're a different culture with a different history than the UK. Most of us who have guns legally will keep them even if big brother tries to confiscate them, the same way the criminals will. Those who would follow govt orders and hand over all guns would be sitting ducks - just like they were in Chicago.

8. Leeaks

Leeaks Member

This post should have killed this thread instantly, lol. The argument againt gun control is preposterous, and it's costing people lives. The media is despicable, but that's no excuse for the average citizen who isn't being paid of to spew the nonsense of extremist right wing nuts.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  9. JR Ewing

No it shouldn't have ended the thread - not if you look closely and think critically.

Disturbed people will find a way to kill, no matter what. What about a chart on knife murders? There are plenty of those - even mass knife murders. Why not ban them?

What we really need to do is try to figure out why these people are committing mass murders and try to address that - NOT try to ban anything and everything they might use as a weapon.

You have every right to not own a gun, just as we "extremist right wing nuts" who believe in the "nonsense" that is the Second Amendment have a right to own them.

10. JR Ewing

And again, how are they defining "murder", and how many are done with guns that are in the killers' possession illegally, done legally in self-defense, etc?