Gun Control

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Corzhens, Aug 28, 2015.

1. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

You can't be serious or have been living in a cave since birth. A total ban on guns and "definitely possible" are polar opposites, akin to a uncontrolled nuclear explosion.

2. FrankieD

FrankieD Well-Known Member

In addition to that, when people work to blame the inanimate object it takes the focus and resources away from the real causes of violence. The chances of someone in my neighborhood getting injured from a gun shot wound are a mere fraction of their chances getting injured by a dog, pool, knife, or alcohol-related incident. Then we have the daddy of all threats around here - cars. Are more traffic laws or banning cars the right solution to irresponsible behavior?

I would think if someone REALLY wanted to protect humans from injury, there are a lot of other things they should work to ban or regulate more first, assuming they care about facts, reality, and the statistics.

3. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

Let me cite an actual case involving a known singer named Sonny. An intruder broke into their house and had taken them hostage. Right in the act of raping Sonny's daughter, Sonny was able to free himself and get his gun. The intruder fled as Sonny chased them. Out in the street, Sonny was able to shoot one of the intruders, killing him in the process. Now, here is the twist. According to some lawyers, Sonny can be charged with homicide or even murder. Again, please?

4. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

5. jbepp

jbepp Member

I personally don't think guns are the problem, the problem are the people. There's a psychological problem with the USA right now and nobody wants to admit it. Morality is low and people are losing sight of the life they want to live. They live in a society where they could get anything and yet they choose to do nothing, life has lost its value and individuals don't want to give life their own value. Even if guns were banned there are many things people can use to kill each other.

6. Highhiker

Highhiker New Member

Banning guns would cause more death than not. Every citizen has the right to protect their family their property and themselves. The individual that is being referred to here was already on a terrorist watch list. Maybe we should start banning people who hate this country and leave The Constitution alone.

7. Hyperion

Hyperion Well-Known Member

While I am an ardent supporter of the 2nd amendment, and I have seen the statistics of why more gun ownership means less crime (it seemed very obvious when I was in Austin), I have always thought the total obsession many Americans have with guns to be a little unseemly. Many of them profess to be Christians, yet they idolize weapons of death. They are tools. They should mainly be used to hunt. Banning all guns is one of the stupidest ideas some on the left have. What do you do i you are a homesteader and need to defend your livestock?

I honestly thing open carry should be allowed in all 50 states because most people are going to think twice or thrice before committing a crime. A Mexican kid tried to rob me in my front yard in Texas once, and my roommate was on the porch with a gun. When I caught the kid, we showed him the gun, and told him, "You come back here, we shoot you." He didn't come back.

8. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I'll go out on a limb and guess that it just may be related to the "war" that has been declared on the police by the grievance / social justice clowns and their followers.

9. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

I would tend to agree with you Corzhens but in this country it is likely never to happen. Our right to bear arms is protected under the constitution and there are many, many people in this country that are passionate about their right to bear arms. I agree something has to be done however, and I am all for having less guns not more. More guns are not the solution as there are too many guns that fall into the wrong hands.

10. petesede

petesede Guest

It is almost as impossible as forced deportation of 11M people.. but yet we are still talking about it in politics :)

Gun righs and ownerships is just one of those issues where the liberals and conservatives can go all drastic and point out crazy statistics on both side.. but at the end of the day, like every major issue, the moderates in the middle decide.. and there is no big movement to outlaw guns or even restrict them. Do not get yourself in a fizzle when someone posts ´obama wants to take your guns´..etc.. none of that is true. Most politicians are very pragmatic and while they may talk to their base, they act towards the middle.

Abortion is never going away
    Guns are never going away
    Illegal immigrants are never going away.

Why? because moderates, and the middle of American says so. Ignore what the 20% on one extreme says about the 20% on the other extreme. It is just trying to trick or scare you.