Gun Control

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Corzhens, Aug 28, 2015.

1. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I think he's pulling our legs. If the military had some foolproof equipment that could literally detect every firearm inside a certain area - no matter how well hidden, buried under ground or water, or whatever - LE would have gotten in on it to at least recover illegal firearms and to find firearms used to commit crimes.

2. evelin

evelin Well-Known Member

This debate has been overly-rehashed continuously that I've got fed up with it. This right of carrying arms has been always protected to the maximum extent by the Constitution and will not see any kind of further change, I'm sure of it. It's a well-preserved tradition.

3. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

Exactly.
    Also the idea that people "snap" is also complete BS.
    There is always a pattern of behavior and things like that leading up to mass shootings and other gun related crimes.

4. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

This post reminded me of the "How to Create a Gun-Free America in 5 Easy Steps" video. ;)

[video=youtube;bnoFKskvSq4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnoFKskvSq4[/video]

5. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  6. Ohh22

Ohh22 Member

In my opinion, guns are fine for hunting purposes and legitimate use, such as military use. The public should not be allowed to easily obtain a gun. If you want one, show that you would use it responsibly. Not, okay you can aim, here's a gun license. It's kind of stupid...

7. petesede

petesede Guest

There was a guy in Texas a few weeks ago. No criminal history, no history of mental illness. He pulled out a gun and shot a guy for parking his car in front of his house. Anger management and feeling disrespected are an issue too. I just don´t see that guns are the problem.. Bundy, Manson... people will find ways to kill other people and on average, guns are not going to hurt or help the situation. I think both sides blow smoke up people´s ass. Anecdotal evidence of a mass shooting, and anecdotal evidence of someone with a gun preventing a crime.. are just that. Overall, they cancel each other out.

8. djordjem87

djordjem87 Well-Known Member

Banning guns would bring calmer environment and inner stability. I have no idea why people in America love guns so much. it is like Germans and beer. but Germans invented it in Pilsen ( now Czech Republic). However, America didn't invent guns and their obsession never stops to amaze me. of course it is possible. it happened in Australia as well as in other countries. It is common sense that people will shoot each other more often if they had a gun. You are less able to shoot a person without gun :). As I said, common sense.

9. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

Woah Woah Woah hold on!
    Where did you get your beer facts my friend??
    Pilsner, a style of lager, was in fact invented in Pilsen.
    But beer has been around much longer, longer then history. In fact many believe history started because of beer!
    They started trying to record #'s and presto written history was born.

10. petesede

petesede Guest

I have a fear the liberal media is going to win this one. Again, the national news is reporting another incident where a legally owned gun was used because a man got angry while shopping and just open fired. this is similar to the parking incident I mentioned above.

It is funny.. the media is going to keep reporting these isolated incidents where legally owned guns are used to kill people just because someone got irrational and angry about something stupid.. It is similar to how the right-wing whackos post news articles every time an immigrant commits a crime.