Happy Easter

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by kgord, Mar 27, 2016.

1. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

I would like to take this opportunity to wish Happy Easter to both believers and unbelivers alike. Regardless of your beliefs it is a nice celebration of Spring and an excuse to eat chocolate, like we really need one! Have a good day!

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi! Happy Easter to you as well! I come from a Catholic background so we do celebrate Easter. We go do some traditions like Visita Iglesia which is visiting 7 churches in one day.

Then we also listen to The Seven Last Words which is a collection of the seven last words that Jesus said as well as stories of real people experiencing something related to those words. During all these, we only eat fish or vegetables and no meat. At the last day, Sunday, we get to eat anything anyway.

I hope everyone else has had a happy Easter! I do know other countries don't celebrate is this way though. I mean, we even have Thursday and Friday off from work.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  3. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

Happy Easter to each and every one as well! :) As a Catholic myself, I have spent the whole Holy Week reflecting on myself and on the lessons I've learned from other people's experiences and reflections. It has been a good one for me and my family.

4. erook7878

erook7878 Well-Known Member

I'm not religious, but I love all the major holidays. Any excuse to eat chocolate eggs is a good holiday in my book. Happy Easter to all.