Has Donald Trump Helped The Us Stock Market?

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by longtermbull, Jul 14, 2019.

1. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

We all know that Donald Trump has more than his fair share of critics. However, would you agree that Donald Trump has helped the US stock market?

2. manoharb

manoharb Senior Investor

Yes, Donald Trump has not helped only US stock Market, But Global Investors as well. As an Indian, I disagree with his some foreign Policies like CAATSA sanctions against India ( Which is related to defense Sector, Russian S-400 ). Donald Trump wants India should stop Business with Russia, which is not going to happen in any condition. India is non-aligned nation, We don't believe in word 'Alliance' and when it comes to Security, No compromise. Yes, We respect Democracy and We will support it till last breath, but, Democracy don't means alliance of all Democratic Countries and Start war against Non-Democratic countries like Russia. As much as I studied Russian History, I can see Russia was also supporter of Democracy till 10th. Century King Vladimir. After which Russia faced wars almost 10 Centuries and Still fighting so Polarized Nationalism became most important for them. Justice is above all. We don't expect justice from heavenly Gods. Politicians have their responsibilities. 100% Countries in world can't follow democracy, Some have Geographical reasons, Some have Security reasons etc..

yes, I admire Trump's economic policies and I think, He will become POTUS 2nd. time in next election. ( I will like to see him again ) What i hate is, hate to see Russia-America in battlefield. Democracy isn't introduced in world just 2 Centuries ago, In Indian Culture, there are thousands examples of Democracy. That's why American experts philosophers like Will Durant, Scientists like Nicola Tesla attracted towards Indian Culture.

Economics is very sensitive subject , But we have Global organizations like WHO, WTO, UN, World Bank etc. and How to keep dignity of it ? is in hands of Global Politicians. Economics should also serve Humanity, don't destroy it. Ego is not above Justice as well. Justice is same for all. Law of Karma, Nobody can run away from it.

3. Buyonthedips

Buyonthedips Senior Investor

Trump is one of the few presidents who were actually business people before they became president - most do it the other way around, milking their contacts after leaving office.

4. John Smith

John Smith New Member

Trump with business background has surely helped in booming US markets but yes I would also say that because of some of his recent decisions and talks stock markets have shown mixed signals whether talk about trade wars or any other decision which has affected the economy no doubt. But President Donald Trump has often taken credit for how well stocks do under his presidency.