Have You Forgiven Your Ex- Spouse?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Muthoni, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Muthoni

Muthoni Guest

I used to get so angry when one of my friends mentioned my ex- spouse. He married someone else and still continued to see me without telling me about it. I felt so betrayed when I found out that I did not want to hear anything about him. I woke up one Saturday and realized that I had to forgive him for me. I met with him months later in a popular place. I even stopped to say hello and that was the beginning of my getting over him. Have you forgiven yours?

2. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Eh, never been there, but it depends on the relation you guys had. It's ex right? So let it go...

3. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

I see you hate betrayal as much as i do...yes i had quite a similar story but buried the hatchet...and now...each lives his/her own life...i let the past go...no need for baggage :)

4. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

For forgiveness to be actually given, it must be sought by the offending party. As such, no, I haven't. Now if the question is do I care about the past involving an Ex, the answer is a resounding "no." Moved on, time heals all wounds, yadda-yadda.

While it may be beyond cliche, I truly believe that the best revenge is living a good life. Negative, messed up people while likely always live in that world, while the rest of us can move on enjoy. I love how Frank Sinatra once put it: "The best revenge is massive success." There is a reason Old Blue Eyes was called the Chairman of the Board. ;)

5. wulfman

wulfman Guest

Not applicable to me but if it were something like cheating then NO. To me loyalty is very important. If the marriage has problems you get out of it before you cheat on your spouse. If it were something like constant arguing, well I could forgive that and maybe even try again to work out the marriage.

6. jdroc

jdroc Guest

Hmmm, interesting do yo really believe that. To each his own I guess. Why would you need to seek revenge on somebody that you shared your life with? I guess it depends on how one looks at it. The astonishing part about forgiveness is that most people never forgive their own self. They really never even think they should forgive their self. I get it though. I was mad in the beginning, but then I realized it the whole situation had more to do with me than the other person, then everything got easier on its own.

7. Gelsemium

I think we need to move on, it's ex come one, ex-wife, so if there are no kids involved why would we keep her on our mind? What's there for us to win from it?

8. wulfman

wulfman Guest

I don't know what this means. If you were cheated on why would you need to look at yourself and "realize" anything. Your spouse cheated on you. Don't think anybody said anything about revenge. No matter how badly you or your spouse acted in your marriage, that doesn't justify cheating. And if there are kids involved then that is even worse. Anyway everyone has their own opinion on it. I am just sharing mine.

9. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

If its your spouse and they are not with you anymore then let it go. Its the best thing you can do for yourself.

10. Gelsemium

I used to be close friends with my ex until I found a new GF, my new GF didn't find that relation funny haha, I guess she was threatened so I had to choose.