Have you got your dream job?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by shilpa123, Mar 7, 2015.

1. hijin

hijin Guest

Dream job? I think it is close to what I may call a dream job. My current job is something I might say just came unexpectedly, the kind that I thought "Why not?" when I first applied to it. When I got the job as a writer, I was thrilled. But within the company, there were changes, so my dream job isn't the dream job anymore. However, I still enjoyed, and finally, after two years, something as close to the original "dream job" was served to me on my plate.

2. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

Just as what Gelsemium said, I don't have a dream job right now because I've gone past the most competitive years of my life. I'm not that old but I'm contented with how I earn money for a living right now. I get to work while I'm at home taking care of my family and their needs and I'm contented with that. I guess contentment is the answer to landing your dream job. As what crimsonghost747 said, you'll keep looking for your dream job if you're not contented with what you thought was your dream job already.

3. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

And what was that exactly hijin? I think that those who manage to work in an area they love are fortunate, most are not as it is my case. I don't do something I love, but I don't hate it either, so I am OK. I would prefer to work outdoors.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I haven't got my dream job, probably because I'm not sure what it is, or if it even exists. I think for many people, work is just a way to pay the bills, that's the way I look at it anyway.

Sometimes a job or career isn't what you expected, and after working at it for a few years, it can sometimes be hard to admit you've gone down the wrong path and change.

5. Onionman

Onionman Senior Investor

I'm not sure whether I'll ever find my dream job. I've done the corporate world for years and it was never a "dream". I've been working for myself for a while and that's certainly not a "dream". I guess I've chosen to be happy enough with what I have and will embrace the possibilities that life has given me.

6. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member

Yes! My dream job was to work in medicinal chemistry. At the moment I'm working in a medicinal chemistry lab, synthesising organic chemicals and potentially new medicines. It's great!