Have you noticed pump prices rising?

Discussion in 'Commodities Forum' started by Hedonologist, Feb 11, 2015.

1. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I just love the way some of these politicians are using this as an opportunity to try to tack on added gas tax. They really count on the stupidity of people to think that these prices will last very long, and that they will somehow take the new tax away once it's tacked on and gas is back up to $3.50-$4.

2. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

I noticed that too. The state in which I reside has a pretty gnarly gasoline tax and there is talk that the legislature wants to ramrod through a gas tax hike. Real cute.

3. Investor

Investor Well-Known Member

" It takes them 3 weeks to reduce prices when oil falls, but when it rises they bump up prices immediately." LOL! I thought that this was only happening in my country! But to be honest, some gas stations reduce and increase prices fairly, and they are the ones that I remain loyal to, the ones that have ethics. lol, even if the gas station cannot afford to reduce its price because of how far it is and how much they have to pay to have the gas delivered, still..reduce it a little to show customers that you are aware of the conditions.
    The gas price in my country is surely on the rise, yesterday, it went up by a dollar and some cents.

4. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

The prices are rising just in time for the nice spring weather we are experiencing. I paid $3 per gallon during my fill up yesterday and was so angry. I enjoyed the low prices for a while, but it looks like the oil industry is going to make its profit again now that we are all getting out of the house more. I heard somewhere that prices were purposely lowered during the holiday season to encourage more holiday spending?

5. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

I rarely drive. But I do follow oil for investment purposes, though not actively right now but I still keep an eye on it one in a while.
    And I was really surprised to see how expensive fuel was here in Europe. Because the rise has been pretty big compared to what has been happening with the crude oil market. Someone definitely seems to be bumping up their margins.