Heaven, Hell, and Purgatory

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Rosyrain, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Jason76

Jason76 Well-Known Member

In my own person view, called Christian Universalism, all people will eventually go to heaven, though it make take some longer than others. Otherwise, God is contradicting his own nature. In addition, endless hell serves no corrective purpose.

Nonetheless, the suffering in hell is bad. A person would want to avoid it at all cost. However, I think it's just a continuation of Earth, with all it's problems. That's the punishment.

Notice that the hell doctrine was a product of church teaching, first by the Catholics, and then the Protestants. It's mostly a way to scare people, much as one would scare small children. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  2. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

I think people fear death because it's natural too.
    But also people tend to think they are important, but the reality is we all die no matter what and the faster you come to terms with that, the better life you can live for the short time you are here.

3. jfrack

jfrack Guest

I myself am a Christian, and believe in Heaven Purgatory and Hell. However, I believe Christians make seem way easier then it is to get to Heaven, and harder than Christians make it seem to go to Hell.

4. lstryhrn

lstryhrn Active Member

No one knows. All of this is a theory. Every religious belief about the after life is a theory. No one knows until you die. Who knows we may go to someone else body as a baby. Look at that I just made another theory .