Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by thedeatheater1410, Feb 12, 2016.

1. thedeatheater1410

thedeatheater1410 Member

I am a college student who is looking to get some knowledge about stock trading. I have saved up a decent amount of money from internships and part time jobs and I want to invest this money in stocks rather than just have it lying around. Hoping to learn may new stuff from this forum!!

2. Kate

Kate Senior Investor

Hello... and welcome! I'm sure you'll find a lot of pointers here to start you in the right direction. Don't forget to read previous posts... there's a wealth of information. :)

So jump right in and start giving us your two cents. But keep a few steps back from me, please... your username terrifies me! :p

3. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

Welcome. I would suggest suggest you look through the past threads for recommended introductory how-to reading material and suggested resources as others new to board have asked similar questions. The answers stand the test of time over years. It might help in focusing your questions. As some ideas cut across some forums you might try using the search tool atop the page. HTH.

4. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

Hi and welcome to the forum. It is impressive that as a college student you have money put aside. I guess you must have a good gig going. My nephew is in college and most of his Christmas presents consisted of textbooks, as they are so frighteningly expensive these days. I hope you will find this forum instructive for your ongoing investments.

5. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

Welcome aboard. We're glad you joined the forum. Getting started investing when you are young is a very good idea indeed. You have time on your side to build your wealth.

Do you have any specific goals for this year? Any areas you'd like to know about most?