Here’s Why Chipotle Surged After Yesterday’s Earnings But Closed In The Red

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by PaulSchinider, Apr 18, 2014.

1. PvtParts

PvtParts Guest

When you're at the top of the game, where else to go? haha Maybe they could cross-over to a different market or something?

Also, we don't have Chipotle here in my country (at least, to the best of my knowledge). Does it really look like a company that will see some growth in the next couple of years?

2. LindaKay

LindaKay Guest

Thanks for the breakdown. Overall, I think Chipotle is going to be very successful. I watched a documentary once, and it was quite interesting. Did you know that the founder only started Chipotle as a way to get start-up capital for a bigger, fancier restaurant? I guess he changed his mind now, though.

3. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I have a put position on CMG. I have been long MCD in the past, but it's been a good year and a half or so since I sold it.

4. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

LOL, I actually didn't know that, so it's a great example on how things can go in a direction we don't expect, in this case a better one.

5. wanderingwildman

wanderingwildman Well-Known Member

Interesting Linda Kay. He definitely isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I hope that Chipotle keeps doing well. Their food is great.

Tags: