Here I have some precautions for you which will help you before buying real estate

Discussion in 'Buying & Selling Real Estate' started by indicator, Apr 1, 2014.

1. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Thank you for the heads up :)

2. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

I can't stand those spammers, security needs to be upped in the forum.
    As for the topic, those are some great tips, hopefully people will take notice of them and take them into account when making a purchase.

3. Glcameron

Glcameron Well-Known Member

I think those are wonderful tips for those who really take property investment seriously. You can't be too cautious when you look at the type of issues that may arise in the long run when it comes to going into the market. There are a pelthora of properties that are beautiful because they are one of a kind or they offer a sense of old charm but you really have to be careful because it can cost you more money to rehab those options than to just buy new and flip. I've invested in 2 properties over the past 5 years and I'm still trying to decide if I want to go any further and get more properties in the long run because the older home I purcahsed cost me so much money.

4. Kael

Kael Guest

When we bought our first home, we made the mistake of not posting a notice in the newspaper. After the signing, we were contacted by a person requesting certain collectibles that the previous owner promised him, the items were given to us by the owner. The realtor told us to ignore the person. We were harassed for 10 years by that evil man. We later learned that the family that sold us the house were being harassed as well, by the same man. So, it is important to follow the rules that Indicator mentioned above.

5. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

I would do extensive research about the home your are buying in the market before purchasing. Make sure to ask the real estate agent all the questions when you are looking at the home. Sometimes the real estate agent would not know certain things so be prepared to do your own search to find answers to your questions. You can ask one of your family members or someone you know who has bought a home before to help you with buying a home.

6. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

There are so many questions when buying real estate that we need to know who we are working with, if we don't trust them we need to change our mediators.