Hertz

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by JR Ewing, Aug 22, 2014.

1. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

HTZ

I have owned this for a few months in the not-too-distant past, but sold out when news of accounting irregularities hit. I also bought a put on it at that time.

I still have the put in place for a while for a profit on the downside if the stock should go down significantly anytime soon.

But I also once again picked up a couple hundred shares of the stock long a day or 2 ago. Icahn increased his stake, and there's a very good chance the inept CEO will be ousted and the management team and board shaken up. I'm hoping for a quick profit here pretty soon.

2. troutski

troutski Guest

Oh, that sounds like a pretty decent situation for you. Outting a crappy CEO and shaking up the board can give you some quick gains, and that's always nice. I can't say I have much experience with Hertz, in stock or as a consumer, but it seems like a classic case of a company that needs change, where said change will benefit investors and shareholders sooner rather than later.

3. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

So that is what is going on with them. Not surprising looking back with Meg Ryan and HP outsourcing jobs really brought down the companies reputation.