High School Day Traders Make 72 million?

Discussion in 'Penny Stocks' started by My401K, Dec 16, 2014.

1. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Thank you for those pointers there @ rjortec21...will be sure to keep them in mind once i start trading... i especially like that, ' no guts no glory' sounds like another quote i heard of recently 'you got to risk it to get the biscuit!'

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  2. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

These are some good tips that everybody should consider whenever they are considering taking a part in the stock market. Thank you for sharing.

3. Taki

Taki Active Member

I have about 20 stocks in my portfolio, all of them who pay a pretty good dividend. None of them are penny stocks and none of them are risky. I see no really safe way to earn money on the stock market except through the long term and through dividend payers. I spend more than ten minutes a day reading current news on my stocks but not much more than that. Not planning on selling anything just because a shouting chicken comes down my road anyway. :p

4. yuki808

yuki808 Member

Every since High school I've wanted to invest in stocks and to be honest it's quite the gamble and it takes years of practice to get the rhythm of the game. For an example I would say it's kind of like the Tsukiji Fish market in Japan, you never know what kind of fish you are purchasing until you purchase it for a few thousand dollars. Most of the people who do bid on the fish know exactly what they're doing. Young ones with no experience are the ones that don't get it. So honestly I think that is a scam or maybe even a lie. If the articular that you read about those high school kids and the penny auction was presented by FOX news then I'm sure it's a lie or hoax.

5. yuki808

yuki808 Member

See that's what I'm talking about. No way 'kids' this young know how to bid on penny auctions. This is just American journalism and American media not saying exactly what is happening. This is just the like riots going on in Baltimore right now. I've actually got to talk to a few people from Baltimore. They said that the media makes it look like a bunch of their own towns people are causing the riots, when in actuality its people who aren't from there causing all the big problems. This article that this user is referring to is just an elaborate journalist post in my opinion.

6. yuki808

yuki808 Member

Here is a list provided by another user on what they think.

1. TIME - you need to monitor all price fluctuation from opening to closing to position your self at a profitable price. Usually the objective is buying low and selling high.

2. MONEY - As a day trader you need money to play. Day trading is like gambling! sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, that's a fact.

3. ANALYSIS - Know the basics of technical analysis, feel the market and traders sentiments in time you will develop your own trading instinct.

4. FAITH - Buy with confidence, take the leap! no guts no glory!

5. DISCIPLINE - Always follow your plan, Plan your trades!

Here is my opinion on the list.

1. Time - Common Sense
    2. Money - Common Sense
    3. Analysis - Common Sense
    4. Faith - Common Sense
    5. Discipline - Common Sense

This whole list is bogus, let's be honest. Everything that is provided here is just simply plain and flat out common sense. There is no way high school students can earn a 500% up on a penny auction without any kind of training or experience. The only plausible idea I can think of for this, is that it was all by chance. Do I think they took their time?; no. Do I think they had money?; yes. Do I think they actually sat down and took an analysis of the situation?; no. Do I think they used faith?; not in a religious tense but they needed some kind of faith. Do I think these kids had discipline?; no.
    I think it was just a great stroke of luck that brought those kids to get a 500% return rate. Or it could just be an ornate fabrication of excellent journalism.

7. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

It's a hoax. He made it all up.

8. AtlantaSports

The article was proven to be a huge hoax.

9. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I'd like to break this "jonybro" clown's pc - and his hands while I'm at it.

10. AtlantaSports

Has he been banned yet?