High Yield Bond Funds?

Discussion in 'Stock Market Education' started by SteakTartare, Feb 22, 2015.

1. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

Does anyone invest in high yield bond funds? If you do, which fund are you invested in? I don't at the present, though I am comparing options, so thought I'd toss it out there.

2. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

What is your plan for these funds? Keep in mind that with rate increases expected in the USA that will most likely push down bond prices. Also high yield ones can be very dangerous, which is why a mutual fund is a decent option since it does diversify the risk. Take a look at iShares, usually they have pretty low management fees and a good selection of funds.

Personally I prefer to stick with individual bonds (from quality companies) and to hold them until maturity.

3. SteakTartare

Indeed. I am not planning to invest in bond funds in the first part of this year, but I am doing my homework on a number of funds. There are two main bond funds that I'm pretty solid on investing in on later date. Whilst researching them, I came across these offerings.

4. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

5. SteakTartare

Thanks for the links. Much appreciated.

And, agreed, I can't see keeping a large percentage a portfolio in these kinds of funds. Just a small part of the overall pie.