Hillary is in ..

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by SteakTartare, Apr 13, 2015.

1. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

Hardly a shocker, of course, but Hillary is now officially running. The question remains if the Dems will come up with any serious opposition. Most seem to think it will be a coronation. However, that was the thinking in 2008 too, she lost, and we've had Obungles for the last six years. I guess time will tell.

2. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

I'm all for it. Am i surprised that she's running again? No. I would like to take the time the really analyze her current stance and opinions on the issues that matter to me the most. I thought Obama would be a nice fit in office, but I did not like that way things have shaped over the course of his tenure. Although, I have to say that most of these politicians will say one thing before being in office, and when the stench hits the fan, they do the opposite or make some kind of revision to what was previously stated and or promised to the American people.

3. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

While I follow the US politics very little, especially this early into the election campaigns, I knew this was going to happen. So yeah, definitely not a surprise, it was only a matter of time. Like I said I don't really follow US politics so not really sure if this is a good or bad thing, I guess we can all figure that out later once we learn a bit more about the different candidates.

4. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

We are currently talking about this in my history class. I really do not see her making much more progress than whenever she ran in 2008.

5. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

She almost became the democratic nominee 8 years ago when Obama first entered the race. I think she has a shot. But to be honest I want someone in there that will shake things up and get rid of Obamacare.

6. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

7. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

When Mrs. Clinton officially announced her candidacy, it really made a lot of noise in international news. After all, anything that happens in the US is also basically the concern of other nations. So whoever becomes president there would also be a concern for all. I'm not from the US but I will definitely keep watch on the results of your elections. I wish your country all the luck in choosing your next leader.

8. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

While it was expected it will complicate matters for the Dems. They won't want to [let it] appear like Hillary is getting a coronation. Any of her opponents in the party at least have that advantage on their side. That she'll be nominated that's obvious but whether or not she wins the elections depends entirely on who the Republicans nominate as their candidate. If people want change as they almost always do then Hillary definitely won't win this election.

9. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

A very smart man named Charles Krauthammer thinks she'll lose. I wish that was true, but my gut feeling is that this will be one of those rare occasions when he's wrong.

When you've even got the heads of large financial institutions as guests on CNBC going out of their way to cheerlead for her, it doesn't look good for any opponent of hers IMO.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/04/...easily-beaten-2016-due-glaring-inauthenticity

10. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Maybe being too confident that she doesn't have a strong opponent might work against her? Obama wasn't exactly a household name back in 2008? Or again another factor that would work in favor of the Republican's presidential candidate is the American's desire for change. It's too early to make any [close to] accurate predictions though.