Hillary's E-Mail-Gate ...

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by SteakTartare, Mar 13, 2015.

1. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

That is absolutely not true - government employees have very strict rules regarding emails - particularly those with max security clearances and who hold such high positions and have access to such sensitive material.

She broke the rules and used her own server and her own personal email domain for official state dept business, and she had been hacked during that time - which was how it all came to light.

She did not turn everything over to the govt as required - she and her lawyers used keyword searches to "find" some 30,000 emails that they sent in, and they apparently deleted everything else - they say 30k more, I'd guess the number to be much higher.

Hell, as a PRIVATE SECTOR employee in most large corps, you cannot do much or any work stuff on personal devices in most PRIVATE COMPANIES these days.

2. JR Ewing

Agreed. Many people will vote for her no matter what. And the Clintons (like the Obama admin) are very good at using the system to get away with just about everything, while the Republicans seem to have a very hard time stopping them and holding them accountable - see IRS, Benghazi, etc.

3. JR Ewing

4. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

I really do not care about what Hillary does on her own time. If I have my own email I would not want to use what email system that the government has since it is less secured. If Hillary wants to use her own email then that is her business.

5. mattattack

mattattack Member

I originally wasn't very concerned about this, I thought it was just the right trying to manufacture a scandal. The I saw the Daily Show segment about it. The 30,000 emails is pretty concerning. I don't think she went about trying to do anything malicious at the time, I believe that she was just genuinely trying to make her life easier. But I think she dealt with it all wrong when she was busted, not transparent at all. Maybe she had some saucy emails she didnt want the secret service to see?

6. My401K

My401K Well-Known Member

I do not think for one single second that the home server of the Clinton's was not secure. You will never convince me that an ex president or his high ranking wife who wants to be president is not monitored 24/7 in any and every aspect of their life. I have a theory that the stuff that was deleted was just crazy non- sense like clothes shopping and things like that. Maybe Hilary has a serious shoe fetish, or gets plastic surgery. I seriously doubt that Hillary personally does anything business wise electronically. We all know that the real work in any office or business is always done by a subordinate. All this bruhaha is just a smoke screen to either get our attention off one thing or another or just a feeble early attempt by the republicans to malign the best chance the dems have for a female president. As far as Hillary going to jail? Fat Chance that would ever happen either.

7. JR Ewing

The Clintons have a long history of this sort of thing. They are very smart, sophisticated, shady people. She knew what she was doing, and knew it was against the rules.

8. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

Indeed, this is most certainly not the first sleazy thing that the Clintons have been involved in. Actually, it has been pretty much an unbroken string of these kind of shenanigans. Here's hoping it eventually catches up with her.

9. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

And the latest is that she scrubbed the mail server. From an AP article:

Almost make one think she has something to hide. :rolleyes:

10. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

Well you can bet that this scandal will not go away. You know that her opposition is going to nail her to the cross and use this against her every chance they get. So get ready for some fireworks and see if she sticks to her original story and excuses.