Holding Companies Who Hire Illegal Immigrants Responsible

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by May102014, Jul 30, 2014.

1. May102014

May102014 Well-Known Member

Why do some companies proceed to hire illegal immigrants and yet pay them very little to do hard labor? When are people going to question these companies - whether big or small - about their hiring practices of people who are not American citizens? I feel these companies are run by greedy people and they push the purpose of a business to gain profit to reach another level. They don’t just hire immigrants; they hire the less fortunate immigrants who are really powerless. They know that these immigrants are in need of employment and are much less concern about work and pay. I am all for resolving the immigration crisis but lest also shine a spotlight on companies who take advantage of using illegal immigrants instead of naturalize citizens. What are your thoughts?

2. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

They hire the mostr desperate illigal immigrants, because they know that they have no choice than to accept the low paying job and the horrible working conditions, they also know that by hiring employees unknown to the government,they will not have to pay high taxes neither do they have to insure this employeees, it is all wrong.

3. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

I think this absolutely must happen. Hiring illegal aliens messes with our domestic labor market and incentives more illegal immigration. Also, by the nature of their work being under the table, the employees don't necessarily have the same protections and working conditions of citizens or documented workers. Some of the undocumented workers don't pay taxes either. Since the wages given to illegals is paltry, the American taxpayer also subsidies the illegal worker through the welfare state. So, its about time our society got serious on this front.

4. Muthoni

Muthoni Guest

I also agree with your perspective; these companies should be held responsible for the exploitation of venerable persons. The problem comes in because the immigrant employed cannot speak out because they desperately need to stay. They lose their only source of income if they are fired if these companies become suspicious that they are under the spotlight. There is no winning in this situation.

5. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

Like what Determined said these big companies hire illegals to save more money for themselves. They know they can just deport the illegal immigrant back to their native country. It is a sick and sad practice but they do it anyway.

6. springbreeze

springbreeze Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree... these companies are directly responsible for our immigration problem. If foreigners knew it would be impossible to get a job here, illegally, they wouldn't risk their lives to come. But obviously with so many of them coming, there must be many companies offering these types of jobs.

From a business perspective, I get it. Cheap labor means more money to pocket. But I don't agree with this practice. But then I'm not willing to sell my soul for more money. These companies also hold a big blame in America's recession.

7. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

I feel bad for some of the people who are illegal but these companies are like pimps. Its like prostitution with wages and legal status. Its a problem for the legal workers in the country who have to work harder to even make those wages to pay bills at home.

8. martinez

martinez Active Member

It's very sad that these things happen and I think employers deserve to be held responsible. Many of these people survive on pennies and the load of work they do is tremendous. Many employers love the idea of cheap labour so that they can make huge returns.

9. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

Of course companies that hire cheap foreign labor should be punished. They're only doing so because they do want to pay a fair wage to American workers. This is really hurting our economy. At the end of the day businesses are going to pay as little as they can possibly get away with. It's just the way the free market works. But I think companies should feel an obligation to treat their workers with respect and pay them a good wage because they benefit enormously from having the best economy and the best work force in the world.

10. ReDGuNNeR

ReDGuNNeR Member

With all the methods available to verify the status of legal or illegal workers, I feel that there is a lot to be done in this area. Like others have said, its not just the threat of "THEY TOOK OUR JOBS". These employers basically hold their workers hostage by threatening to not pay them, report them, or other terrible things. Since you need to survive, you will put up with whatever the boss tells you. There needs to be a large-scale effort to reform hiring practices and payment in America and elsewhere as the economy and workforce change with the advent of new technology.