Housing Market Increasing?

Discussion in 'Buying & Selling Real Estate' started by Francy, May 14, 2014.

1. Francy

Francy Active Member

I have a few realtor friends who have advised me that the housing market is increasing. I realize this takes place in different areas, of course, but I am always interested in pricing increase and when the best time to sell and buy is!

2. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

It does vary from place to place but I find that it is the same in my area, as people are starting to get over the financial crisis a bit, they are able to find either new houses or into ones more in line with their spending ability so there are many transactions taking place.
    But like I said, this is in my area and might not apply everywhere.

3. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

Yeah, the crisis seems to be starting to want to go away and people start to have more access to credit. Once this happens both housing market and construction will start again stronger.

4. pot_star

pot_star Member

I noticed the Real Estate business is having a positive trend this last few months. Maybe because there are more jobs being generated now than before. Texas seems to be a good place to shop for a property.

5. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

As soon as the economy picks up the housing market picks up as well, is a direct consequence because it starts to be more money and credit available and construction starts all over again, it's a cycle.

6. Leeroy_MY

Leeroy_MY Well-Known Member

Property prices is always naturally bound to go up... but the danger comes when there is too much investors flipping properties over a short term of time. Resulting in highly inflated prices that not many people can afford. Creating a property bubble where prices far exceed actual demand.

The last property bubble burst occurred in 2008, a mere 6 years ago, but now we have more laws in place that discourages short term property flipping so I guess that's a good thing?

7. turt

turt Guest

I think we are creating another bubble with the latest rise in prices. Were I live, there is enough construction planned to double the population in the next 4 years. I'm not sure how this is going to be sustainable! It looks like 2006 all over again...

8. nashvilleshelby

nashvilleshelby Active Member

I have friends who are in real estate investing and another in mortgages. I was told just a few days ago that it is now becoming a good time to sell. Just 4 yrs ago people were buying up houses like crazy! Now the market is starting to turn around.

9. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

It depends upon who you ask - some say yes, others say no.

Credit has been hard to come by in recent years.

10. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

I think it might also depend on the country, but In Portugal is definitely picking up, slowly, but improving and I expect it to be like that in the next years.