Housing market

Discussion in 'Buying & Selling Real Estate' started by Rosyrain, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

The realtors I talked to said that real estate business is going great in Metro Manila. But there was a time when there was a deluge of houses for sale and there were only few buyers. They said that economic conditions of the country has a direct effect on the industry of real estate. In those lean times, they never fail to advise the sellers to wait for a better time or to have the house rented for a year or 2 so it would at least earn something than just waiting for a buyer that sometimes do not come.

2. anders

anders Well-Known Member

Yeah, the UK housing market is strange. We're such a small island with such a huge population that property prices are almost always going to be increasing. Even in places that a few years back would be regarded as "undesirable" are now seeing prices shoot up. It's an investors dream, but a buyer's nightmare.

3. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

Oh yeah,@ Corhenze, the lake here is a beauty. However, some people might find it to be off putting, because it is a cooling resevoir for a nuclear facility, but I am taking the position that it is safe, and I thinking the hundreds of people who have homes around here think the same thing. It is very pretty most of the year, with the sun glinting off of it, and a very blue color. It is dazzling really, but not the deep blue that some of the Western lakes have.

4. nissi

nissi Well-Known Member

It depends on where you look as I'm sure it is qith any city. But you can find some pretty affordable ones where I live. Especially for first time homebuyers which is what I'll be doing.

5. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

That mention of a nuclear facility would make the price of that property zoom down. You know people, they are afraid of the word nuclear as if it is radioactive already. I also dreamed of a picturesque place to build our house like that lot beside the lake or even by the river bank. But I had come to terms that those properties are expensive and reserved for the rich and the very rich. What we dream now is a simple home with a big garden maybe that would have trees around the house, fruit trees at that.

6. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

The Canadian housing market is red hot with no end in sight. Major metro's are on fire too, leaps and bounds each year.
    Government has tried to cool it off and prevent any bubbling, but it's all legit demand.

7. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

You are lucky to have such a stable demand of real estate in your country. Economist always say that one concrete indicator of a good economy is a brisk real estate industry. With the demand that you said is legit means the sales are real and not for show. Here in our country, we still have to experience recession like what US had experienced some years ago. However, the real estate industry here cannot be said to be brisk and healthy, depending on the area or region.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

The housing market in the UK is still at the moment stuck in a kind of limbo, and while house prices are rising, that of course means that people who want to buy and get their foot on the ladder, the first time buyers aren't able to.

While high house prices might sound good to the home owner as they'll be able to command a higher price, it's no good if nobody can actually afford the house in the first place!

9. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

I have noticed sometime in the 1980 when the housing market in the Philippines was on a tightrope because people have no money. And after 10 years when the economy got better, the banks became lenient with their loans. That was the time that the housing industry started to boom. Now it is pretty stable since the banks are still at it - extending loans particularly to the fixed income earners who are the usual house buyers here.