How bad is it in North Korea

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Rosyrain, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

I do not follow the topic as best as I should, but I do know that the citizens do not have enough to eat and are pretty much forced to follow their leader as if he were a god. What other issues are at stake here that I am unaware of. I would like to become more educated in this.

2. missbishi

missbishi Well-Known Member

Did you know that North Koreans only have access to around 8000 government-approved websites through the country's own intranet? Additionally, there are only three television stations, two of which only broadcast at weekends. So they have minimal access to the media - presumable to prevent them from realising that other countries live very differently indeed.

3. DeltaForce103

DeltaForce103 New Member

It's a totalitarian dictatorship with the largest number of human rights violations in the world. Widely known as the hermit nation for being completely isolated from the rest of the world, it's ruled by a long line of dictators from the same family. The supreme leader of the country is considered equivalent to god. The population is almost entirely brainwashed by propaganda. The country employs concentration camps and most of the working class are slaves. As with any failed communist state, there's a corrupt and rich leadership.

North Korea considers most of the Western world, especially the US, to be their sworn enemies and have been known to make threats. They've been trying to develop nuclear and missile technology with little success so far.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  4. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

I think we will never know exactly how bad it is in North Korea because we don't have access, they don't have freedom of speech and all their public appearances seems rehearsed...

5. missbishi

missbishi Well-Known Member

Something else I bet you didn't know about North Korea...citizens are only allowed to have their hair cut in styles which have been pre-approved by the government! Here they are...

list-of-oficially-permitted-haircuts-in-north-korea-2.jpg
    hairstyles-north-korea-official.jpg

6. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Wow, I didn't know that miss, that is shocking! They can't even choose their own hair style? Give me a number 8 please? :D

7. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

In North Korea if you commit a crime then your family will be punished for three generations.

So if say you are a North Korean citizen and break the law even if it means watching a 'foreign' DVD, then they could send you [if are lucky to escape torture and execution], to a labor camp. If you are a grandparent then your children and grandchildren will also be sent to the labor camp with you.